RC Enthusiast

Does the kit seem worth it for someone like me?

My girlfriend currently drives a 2wd with 4000kv motor. Would the kit be worth it since I can put all the electronics in it from the 2wd? Or should I eventually buy a vxl pede and just sell the 2wd?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    That's up to u to figure out $ wise which way to go. The question to ask yourself is do u want to build a kit and switch over everything else and paint the clear body or buy out the box instant gratification.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, but I also need to know if the motor would be fine with the parts in the kit or if I'd be better off getting the rtr because it comes with the stronger parts. I would get the kit in a heartbeat if it had those better parts.

RC Competitor

When kit released we can see what parts are in it

With the kit not out yet, we don't know what parts are in the kit. I assume that once the kit is available we will be able to see an exploded view online and see what part numbers are in the kit. The kit might contain all awesome parts. It might have bushings and other cost saving parts. We just don't know yet. Regardless, I'm excited that kits will be available.
    Last edited by BMcD308; 03-06-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: accidental language filter issue

RC Competitor
    The kit will have solid plastic toe/camber links, plastic centre driveshaft, basically the brushed p4de.
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

Quote Originally Posted by FireSlashRacer View Post
    The kit will have solid plastic toe/camber links, plastic centre driveshaft, basically the brushed p4de.
    Which would suggest the weaker/lower geared diffs as well.

A 4k motor in a 4wd stampede is a bit tall. Even on 2S, you would have to gear it down quite a bit to avoid overheating. I ran the castle sct sv3/3800kv system in my 4x4 vxl stampede for a while on 2S. It did fine if I didn't go higher than 13/54 gearing. Eventually, I wanted more speed, so I'm now running a hobbywing max10 sct/3200kv on 3S with 13/54 gearing. Have only run 4 or 5 packs through it... so won't know for a while until it warms up if I made a good choice. So far though, seems good.

To run brushless, you have to upgrade the outer axles and likely the center. Even on 2S, I would burn through rear outer axles every other week. Gets old, fast. Ended up spending a pretty penny on MIP X-duty's.
    Expert rigging at it's best!