RC poster

First Gen E-Maxx upgrade?

Ive got a first generation E-Maxx I bought second hand, and revived it. Im poor, and spend
    a majority of my money on foolish things like food, rent, and other bills, so Im stuck with this old working truck. I would however like to know without having to scour the internet, if parts to upgrade this unit to make it waterproof exist, and power it with a single brushless motor.
    HELP PLEASE! Thanks

There are a lot of parts available for making your truck exactly the way you want. I'd first start looking in Amazon, because many hobby shops sell parts there. That way you can pick out the best price for you. Dollar Hobby and Value Hobby are other good discount dealers you can look into.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Enthusiast
    Personally I'd avoid going Brushless. The drivetrain on the 3906 isn't up to it without making a significant number of other upgrades.

There are some great guides of how to do this if you look around but it will cost you.

However, I'd stick with the original, retro, brushed setup. It's still fun and pretty cool too IMHO.

If you really crave the extra power, sell your 3906 and buy a brushed 3905/3903 then upgrade that with a cheap brushless motor and a decent ESC. That's what I did with my 3905 when one of the brushed motors failed. I sold the ESC and remaining motor on eBay which covered most of the cost of the Brushless kit - Hobbywing ESC and Racerstar motor.

It works great and wheelies everywhere but it's not necessarily any more fun than the brushed set-up was. Just different.

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk

Going brushless isn't the problem. It's going from 4s to 6s. If you go brushless and stick with 4s, you will be fine, but in the future (if you ever want to go 6s) you will need to upgrade a few things. It's not to bad, though, and should only be a couple of hundred bucks to do so.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.