RC Enthusiast

reverse rotation motor

why is traxxas putting a reverse rotation motor in the trx4 whats the point? i ordered a 14 turn 550 can team broud motor but its not a reverse rotation. do i need a reverse rotation motor or can i just reverse the wires?

RC Qualifier
    The stock motor is reverse rotation presumably because having the portals in each axle reverses the direction of the axles, so the easiest way to get the wheels turning the intended direction without adding more complexity elsewhere in the drivetrain is to run a reverse motor. You can run the Team Brood motor reversed as long as you keep it at 0 timing, just flip the wires (either wire the positive to the negative, or the negative to the positive, or just flip the wires at the bullet connector.
    Traxxas TRX-4 Bronco

RC Enthusiast
    why cant i adjust the timing once i flip the wires?

RC Competitor
    or just reverse the throttle via the transmitter? that's what i did when i swapped my tekin motor in. took all of 5 seconds to do

RC Competitor
    It can damage motors with more aggressive timing to run in reverse. That's part of the reason the typical "race" ESC does not have reverse.