Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

FLM tranny and diff.

So Iíve been waiting on this for my final(lol) Rustler build. The diff gear is solid aluminum. 500k oil in the diff. All parts and pieces fit like a glove, with the exception of the I bar. I had to grind down one side of it so it would
    Fit. The setup is where FLM stepped its game up. The pictures will speak for themselves. Almost done with the build.

RC Qualifier
    i love the super man logo!

fits like a glove lol

looks awesome , i need to find a $100 somewhere fast

RC Qualifier
    that motor mount part looks much thicker

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    that motor mount part looks much thicker
    Itís 5mm. Which is thicker than the previous version.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

FLM tranny and diff.

Iím very happy so far. One small issues are the solid pin for the idler gear they supplied was too large in diameter to fit the bearings on. The solid pin is nice since itís exposed on the exterior of the tranny. Now dirt could make its way in to the tranny. This is a clean weather build, but still will request a new one.

RC Qualifier
    does the pin just float in the hole, or does it screw in , does look nice
    thanks for all the feedback

RC Qualifier
    my integy one always had some slop , i had to ca glue it at times

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    does the pin just float in the hole, or does it screw in , does look nice
    thanks for all the feedback
    Just pushes in. That part works, but after trying a couple bearings same issue.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Got to set the car up today. Did several maneuvers that would have blown the diff several times. No issues. Also got to shred some old foams I wonít use for real runs. Tranny and diff are silky smooth. Iím a happy customer. I highly recommend this system to those who push the boundaries. Every day basher, donít waste your money.

RC Competitor
    My super trans ans super diff. might get here today. I am dying to see if it will work with the traxxas RPM sensor.

wow GD that is super cool!! So is the actual diff gear steel or aluminum? Any drawbacks versus the sun/planetary style diff?
    Much Likey.
    MTFBWY

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnergy View Post
    wow GD that is super cool!! So is the actual diff gear steel or aluminum? Any drawbacks versus the sun/planetary style diff?
    Much Likey.
    It is aluminum, the machine work and fit are top notch, so I donít see it being an issue. Time will tell. I donít see any drawbacks other than itís weight. Donít get me wrong itís not heavy, but it is heavier than stock. So if youíre(not you in particular) who worries about grams, this is not for you. If your interested in laying down big power, it is for you.

RC Competitor
    My blue FLM super trans has the idle gear pin enclosed in the trans. It can't be seen from the outside of the trans. Mine dosent have the lower screw hole for a gear cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I’m very happy so far. One small issues are the solid pin for the idler gear they supplied was too large in diameter to fit the bearings on. The solid pin is nice since it’s exposed on the exterior of the tranny. Now dirt could make its way in to the tranny. This is a clean weather build, but still will request a new one.

RC Qualifier
    that sucks , you need a screw in that spot, was it a mistake when making

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moreguns View Post
    My blue FLM super trans has the idle gear pin enclosed in the trans. It can't be seen from the outside of the trans. Mine dosent have the lower screw hole for a gear cover.
    So behind the spur there is no hole where you can see the pin. It looks to be machined that way, thatís why they gave the solid pin. I canít use gear covers with my gearing. This is the price of progress. Like I said, this car wonít see bad weather. I will most likely find a rubber cap to fit it though.

RC Competitor
    Its there on the other side to screw the trans togeather , but it dosent go thru to the gear cover side. They will fix it for me if I want. First I have to check to see if the RPM sensor is going to work or what it will take to make it work, before deciding to have them put the threaded hole in for the gear cover.
    that sucks , you need a screw in that spot, was it a mistake when making

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Its there on the other side to screw the trans togeather , but it dosent go thru to the gear cover side. They will fix it for me if I want. First I have to check to see if the RPM sensor is going to work or what it will take to make it work, before deciding to have them put the threaded hole in for the gear cover.
    This hole is larger than a mistake, wonder if he was just tinkering with a couple different revisions. Thanks for the feedback

RC Qualifier
    What degree arms do they give you? 0 or 4 degrees, the website doesnt have an option

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What degree arms do they give you? 0 or 4 degrees, the website doesnt have an option
    0. More words

RC Qualifier
    Sweet ride Grip! I had not seen this one yet.
    My friend showed me his Rustler about 2 years ago which got me back into RC's. They are wheelie monsters!

The bug bit me good...
    This friend has since apologized many times.

-Liberty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Sweet ride Grip! I had not seen this one yet.
    My friend showed me his Rustler about 2 years ago which got me back into RC's. They are wheelie monsters!

The bug bit me good...
    This friend has since apologized many times.

-Liberty
    Thanks man. That weighted stackable bumper is at 1.5lbs right now to keep it on the ground. Top speed on 4S is 99.6, 6S is 106 mph. I need a new 6S pack, then Iíll grab some better numbers.

RC Competitor
    My pin won't fit in the diff and neither will my h bar. Should they both fit tight or loose or one tight and one loose?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My pin won't fit in the diff and neither will my h bar. Should they both fit tight or loose or one tight and one loose?

My pin fit perfect. The I bar I had to trim slightly. If you look hard enough you can tell.

RC Competitor
    I just finished fitting the h-bar and the pin on the first trans.

My pin fit perfect. The I bar I had to trim slightly. If you look hard enough you can tell.
    I’m glad I found your post! I’m building this diff right now and seeing that the H-bar does not fit. Just sent a text to the tech support over there asking for a little guidance. I’m kind of shocked that for the price of this setup, you’d be required to grind down internal components. On top of that, they offer zero instructions, pics, etc. I’m new to the hobby. Is this a legit company? All accounts I could find online seemed to think so.
    Last edited by RC Dad; 08-06-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Also, did you use the 0.10mm shins on the outdrives? Thanks.

And since you’re the only person I have found to have built and used this transmission, how much diff fluid did you use? Do you fill it right up to the top? To the pin that goes through the spider gears? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

So Iíve been waiting on this for my final(lol) Rustler build. The diff gear is solid aluminum. 500k oil in the diff. All parts and pieces fit like a glove, with the exception of the I bar. I had to grind down one side of it so it would
    Fit. The setup is where FLM stepped its game up. The pictures will speak for themselves. Almost done with the build.

Are you using the Teflon .5mm shims/washers in there, like the stock transmission? Is there any benefit or downside to using metal shims of the same dimensions?

RC Qualifier
    Does it come with all the hardware , screws ...

RC Qualifier
    O rings too ?

RC poster
    I'm in the process of building up a rustler for my son for all around bashing. Any advantage to the super tranny over the standard aluminum trans case and sealed diff? The price difference is minimal. There won't be any racing or anything, I just want it as close to bulletproof as possible.

RC Racer

FLM tranny and diff.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Dad View Post
    Iím glad I found your post! Iím building this diff right now and seeing that the H-bar does not fit. Just sent a text to the tech support over there asking for a little guidance. Iím kind of shocked that for the price of this setup, youíd be required to grind down internal components. On top of that, they offer zero instructions, pics, etc. Iím new to the hobby. Is this a legit company? All accounts I could find online seemed to think so.

I had to grind mine down as well....itís a slight pain, but a huge payoff cause the gearbox and diff are INCREDIBLE!!!

I use 500k diff fluid in mine, and fill er up

And yes, FLM is definitely a legit company that produce serious RC products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AK4900PA View Post
    I'm in the process of building up a rustler for my son for all around bashing. Any advantage to the super tranny over the standard aluminum trans case and sealed diff? The price difference is minimal. There won't be any racing or anything, I just want it as close to bulletproof as possible.

For a bashing Rustler, I wouldnít advise this setup. Mine is on a 4s-6s speed run only car

If youíre running 2 or 3 cell, thereís great options that you can save $$$ and spend it elsewhere on the truck......integy and hot racing both make good aluminum gearboxes for less than $50 that will do a great job (I have the integy on my 3s Rustler)

O rings too ?
    It does come with all the hardware, nice beefy o rings too. I believe thereís also some extra (optional hardware) bits like the colored washers.

RC Qualifier
    Mine is on the way ! Wish me luck , 2400kv on 4s sand ripper awaits !

Quote Originally Posted by Gcm1978 View Post
    I had to grind mine down as well....it’s a slight pain, but a huge payoff cause the gearbox and diff are INCREDIBLE!!!

I use 500k diff fluid in mine, and fill er up

And yes, FLM is definitely a legit company that produce serious RC products

You’re not gonna believe this- the tech support at FLM said you don’t even need the h bar. Said it was more or less a bandaid for the stock plastic diff cup. He said just run it with the pin only.

RC Qualifier
    Must be strong

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Dad View Post
    Youíre not gonna believe this- the tech support at FLM said you donít even need the h bar. Said it was more or less a bandaid for the stock plastic diff cup. He said just run it with the pin only.
    Interesting......give it a run and update on how it performs

Itís a beast of a diff

RC poster
    For a bashing Rustler, I wouldn’t advise this setup. Mine is on a 4s-6s speed run only car

If you’re running 2 or 3 cell, there’s great options that you can save $$$ and spend it elsewhere on the truck......integy and hot racing both make good aluminum gearboxes for less than $50 that will do a great job (I have the integy on my 3s Rustler)

Any reason not to run the FLM other than cost? I'll be running a HW Max10 SCT 3200kv setup on 3S with Trencher tires. More concerned with quality and durability than cost. Is the new super tranny any beefier than the standard model?

Interesting......give it a run and update on how it performs

Itís a beast of a diff

I will! Plan on building it this week, maybe have it out for the weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast