RC Racer

How did you reinforce your Xmaxx body?

Just wondering how everyone is reinforcing the back end of there Xmaxx body to extend life of it.
    Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    i use some gorilla tape on the back because i bought mine used and it was already in bad shape

RC Qualifier
    Spray on bed liner, you can get cans at home depot

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Shoogoo and fiberglass plates on top and bottom of the bed. Had to really shoogoo the spot where the cab and bed come together. Stiffening up the bed puts a bunch of stress on that area.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer

Thanks for the replies! I figured Iíd try something different with spray foam and plastic from an old tool box. Still need to trim the foam but...
    Last edited by pontiacHP; 03-10-2019 at 06:02 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I tried Flex Seal with little success. My body is cracked in several places, Shoe Goo and Goop work well. I’ve just accepted the fact that the body will eventually be destroyed and illl have to buy a new one.

RC Champion
    Drywall mesh tape and E6000, nothings perfect.

RC Competitor
    I used a plate on the rear to reinforce it but the shell is just crumbling to pieces around it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Getting back into the RC game after 10 years!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    My plate is similar, I did have to reinforce everything around the cab area with shoogoo because the plate transfers the flex to the cab area. Mine is holding up very well...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    T-bone body cage

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ggte496j View Post
    I tried Flex Seal with little success. My body is cracked in several places, Shoe Goo and Goop work well. I’ve just accepted the fact that the body will eventually be destroyed and illl have to buy a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrossmxz View Post
    Spray on bed liner, you can get cans at home depot
    Do you spray the under carriage of the shell?

RC Enthusiast
    Spray on bed liner is what I did as well works great

RC Competitor

I just finished this proline raptor body for my brand new Xmaxx. Just finished all of the upgrades too. This thing is SET.

I did ALL the usual upgrades to it.

The body I layered the inside completely in drywall tape making sure to hit every spot.. then I got a can of flexseal but the type you have to brush on with a paint brush so I could be more Thorough with it and add it on thicker where I wanted... it turned out really good and the whole body feels almost like flexible rubber now.

I have ALWAYS used drywall tape and shoe goo for many years and itís always been amazing .. ZERO complaints and tough as nails.. Iv even reconstructed bodyís that weíre otherwise blown into peices.. litterally.. with shoe goo and drywall tape but since this body was SO big and I wanted such good coverage I opted to give the flexseal a try. So far it looks like itís gonna hold up great but only time will tell.

Iíll keep yaíll informed when I go bashing this weekend.

PS. This was the first body I ever painted in my life, itís not perfect but I like it.. was going for an evil look and chose the red to match the shocks and it does perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobiffbetter View Post

I just finished this proline raptor body for my brand new Xmaxx. Just finished all of the upgrades too. This thing is SET.

I did ALL the usual upgrades to it.

The body I layered the inside completely in drywall tape making sure to hit every spot.. then I got a can of flexseal but the type you have to brush on with a paint brush so I could be more Thorough with it and add it on thicker where I wanted... it turned out really good and the whole body feels almost like flexible rubber now.

I have ALWAYS used drywall tape and shoe goo for many years and itís always been amazing .. ZERO complaints and tough as nails.. Iv even reconstructed bodyís that weíre otherwise blown into peices.. litterally.. with shoe goo and drywall tape but since this body was SO big and I wanted such good coverage I opted to give the flexseal a try. So far it looks like itís gonna hold up great but only time will tell.

Iíll keep yaíll informed when I go bashing this weekend.

PS. This was the first body I ever painted in my life, itís not perfect but I like it.. was going for an evil look and chose the red to match the shocks and it does perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like it. Nice work with the reinforcements. I just prefer to have the Brute body for every day use and something else to look good

RC poster
    Out of curiosity, has anybody tried carbon fiber? That’s what I’m going to do, it’s even easier to work with than fiberglass.

RC Champion
    I use duck tape and made the external body support mod, soon I put an "U" aluminum profile in the back, to avoid cracks in this zone.

RC poster
    I took milk jug caps cut them out and used them as washers to give more surface area so it doesn’t rip the body off. Nothing keeps my wife’s body on her truck.

RC Racer
    I use gorrilla glue duct tape , you can lawer it where needed , I've got it on all my rigs , works great !! You really gotta reinforce where the body screws are , I put tiny pieces of tape on both sides and added plastic washers to the connections , this stuff works , but I'm gunna try flex seal brush on method just to check it out , looks pretty tough , great idea

I didn't that's why my snap on body is toast and currently have a body being shipped lol. But I generally use fiberglass mesh drywall tape and shoe glue. I will on the new body! On an old stampede 4x4 body I did it to it ground away the plastic body so just the shape of the top of the tail gate remained so I used a sharpie and blacked it out and unless you looked at it sitting still you never of known body was gone and it was just the fiberglass and shoe glue colored over. That body lasted a good year of relentless abuse on minimum of 4s lol.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Last edited by Briber; 05-11-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...