RC Qualifier

New A-arms from Proline

proline just released new a arms and hubs. they look pretty nice
    I like how easy to clean.

heres a video

RC Racer
    I dunno if I would want to stiffen up the arms, I would rather they break first as they are cheap and really easy to swap compared to an upper or lower bulkhead. These do look really nice though

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The only upside for me would be dyeing them to match my wheel rings.

Yea got to love Proline. They do come out with some pretty nice stuff.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Champion
    How about front hubs?
    I have an RC problem...

RC poster
    RPM are built to flex and pop back....these look like they're far too rigid and will end up pushing too much strain into the chassis and end up breaking more stuff. time will tell...they look pretty cool though.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrossmxz View Post
    I dunno if I would want to stiffen up the arms, I would rather they break first as they are cheap and really easy to swap compared to an upper or lower bulkhead.
    Yep, I'll pass, thanks anyways.
    Vaterra Team Driver
    Meow

RC Enthusiast
    From the RC Driver video, the difference in weight on those arms is 41.1g. per set of arms. That's 164.4g more unsprung weight added when you install all four corners. Um, what? Almost 6 extra ounces of weight? That's ridiculous. Nope, I'll stick with RPM.

Also, nice job Proline on copying the RPM oversized bearing in that rear axle (R&D must stand for "rip off and duplicate"). Also, SRP for the Proline versions is $30 while RPM is $25. Again, I'll stick with RPM.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    My truck picks up a lb of dirt every time I run it lol.

I'm not worried about adding a half lb of wt to a 25 lb truck. I do however not like the idea of arms that don't flex...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

I have a couple of proline 4x4 kits and the plastics are probably second only to Tekno from my experience. Plenty of give, without too much stretch. I would be willing to put some pretty good faith in these. At the expense of sounding like a proline fanboy I will say this, yes pro line products are pricey, but I'm really having trouble thinking of one I wasn't happy with or didn't feel like it was worth the price. Quality to me is worth the price.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I love my proline parts for my 1/10 slashes. But being super stiff like that, these strong arms may break other parts by not flexing. I will wait and see if peeps start breaking bulks before I invest in these

I wanna hold one and see how much they flex. The arms on my pro mt 4x4 are solid like that, dont have the cap things, but they have adequate flex. I stopped by my LHS today but he didn't have them yet.https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...-rear-arms.asp
    See how these are solid too? They flex nicely, never lead to anything else. I might have to be the Guinea pig on this one.

Well if you look at how they are assembled, the hollow box style construction should make them very stiff.

I like how you can buy single pieces. I may pick up just the upper arms after they are in production for a while.

Lots of reports of the upper arms breaking through the hinge pin hole on some Facebook groups. So maybe they aren't too swell. This was on 3 different people's maiden voyages with them, some claimed they weren't even jumping, just hauling through some rough terrain. I'm wondering if it was an engineered weak spot that's a little too weak, ha, lol.

Last edited by nickruger; 03-24-2019 at 07:11 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Lots of reports of the upper arms breaking through the hinge pin hole on some Facebook groups. So maybe they aren't too swell. This was on 3 different people's maiden voyages with them, some claimed they weren't even jumping, just hauling through some rough terrain. I'm wondering if it was an engineered weak spot that's a little too weak, ha, lol.

Awww, so I’m not the only one who broke the upper arm with a simple driving.. I encountered a jump not too high and I must admit the landing was a little ugly BUT I wasn’t expecting the landing would break something on my Xmaxx...Surprisingly I found out that the one upper arm broke...2 hinge pin broke in the center...I guess it is an engineered weak spot for the arm that is a little too WEAK as what nickruger said, I totally agree.... the proline arms was installed recently and it only run for less than 5mins...and the landing was on a SOFT DESERT SAND here in the UAE.

RC Competitor
    Yep I watched the video and couldn't watch him put those arms on. I could already imagine bulkheads and diff covers breaking constantly. My Friend has a Xmaxx and he keeps the original Traxxas a-arms on and sprays the arms with muc off, or WD-40. (they do the same thing)

Heres a video(s) showing you what It does
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700U2aYQuM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCmz2wruGJs

This is why I said I would wait a while before picking any of the products up. In the past there were breaking issues with proline suspension pieces when in early production runs, and the problems disappeared in later runs. Hope proline is standing behind these defective pieces...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEYVTEC View Post
    Awww, so Iím not the only one who broke the upper arm with a simple driving.. I encountered a jump not too high and I must admit the landing was a little ugly BUT I wasnít expecting the landing would break something on my Xmaxx...Surprisingly I found out that the one upper arm broke...2 hinge pin broke in the center...I guess it is an engineered weak spot for the arm that is a little too WEAK as what nickruger said, I totally agree.... the proline arms was installed recently and it only run for less than 5mins...and the landing was on a SOFT DESERT SAND here in the UAE.
    Just an update...while cleaning my xmaxx this morning I checked the front lower arms..I was so surprised to find out that they are also broken, Left and right lower arms...same spot as the upper arms (hinge pin hole)...I hope ProLine is aware of their Pro-Arms for Xmaxx that is so weak or should I say poorly desined/engineered product.

RC Qualifier
    Just an update...while cleaning my xmaxx this morning I checked the front lower arms..I was so surprised to find out that they are also broken, Left and right lower arms...same spot as the upper arms (hinge pin hole)...I hope ProLine is aware of their Pro-Arms for Xmaxx that is so weak or should I say poorly desined/engineered product.
    Thanks for your input, I was considering getting these over rpm ones!

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    This is why I said I would wait a while before picking any of the products up. In the past there were breaking issues with proline suspension pieces when in early production runs, and the problems disappeared in later runs. Hope proline is standing behind these defective pieces...
    The people who had them fail that I'm aware of got full replacement sets. Proline casts them in house and I guess admittedly said they may have had a casting issue. Supposedly all is well and any new production ones, or if you had any failures, the free replacement ones should be good to go. Once they were failing right off the bat, everybody's skepticism was kind of confirmed and everyone avoided them like the plague. Hard to say if the issue is fixed, I haven't heard any updates. One guy was selling a full set still in the package for 50$. I really had to talk myself out of buying them.

RC Enthusiast
    That's too bad to hear. Thought those who had the same complain were just isolated cases. One guy at the shop having the new brake kit and dually wheels installed on his truck also had the same complain about Xmaxx just a week after they got installed.
    Last edited by Double G; 05-17-2019 at 07:29 AM. Reason: advertising

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    The people who had them fail that I'm aware of got full replacement sets. Proline casts them in house and I guess admittedly said they may have had a casting issue. Supposedly all is well and any new production ones, or if you had any failures, the free replacement ones should be good to go. Once they were failing right off the bat, everybody's skepticism was kind of confirmed and everyone avoided them like the plague. Hard to say if the issue is fixed, I haven't heard any updates. One guy was selling a full set still in the package for 50$. I really had to talk myself out of buying them.

I emailed ProLine and openned a ticket, after providing some pics of the actual damaged arms and proof of purchase, they sent me a Full Replacement ProArms...Awesome customer support! Now waiting for the new full set arms to arrive...hoping that the quality issue of the arms has been addressed accordingly with the new batch of arms. Cheers everyone!

I emailed ProLine and openned a ticket, after providing some pics of the actual damaged arms and proof of purchase, they sent me a Full Replacement ProArms...Awesome customer support! Now waiting for the new full set arms to arrive...hoping that the quality issue of the arms has been addressed accordingly with the new batch of arms. Cheers everyone!
    Their customer service is really good. I bought a pro mt 4x4 kit a couple years ago and the bellcrank snapped so easily that the replacement part was backordered 2 months everywhere. I emailed them, told them how much I support them by purchasing their products and recommending them to others, but this issue was hard to overlook. 2 days later I got a package in the mail, inside was a handful of replacement parts that were backordered.