Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Area 51?
    Posts
    93

    What Is The Best Motor/ESC Combo To Upgrade To?

    Hi everyone,I was looking into upgrading the stock VXL-3s into something with some more power.My original thought was the VXL-6s system,since I could power up to it.But then I heard that the mamba monster 2 is a good,reliable 6s system.The Hobbywing Xr8 plus and MAX8 also seem like good choices,my head is just spinning,there are just so many options.Anybody have any experience with The above listed combos,or have any suggestions for a better system,thanks in advance.


    Onyx

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    349
    i would just suggest the Hobbywing system because it is so much more reliable but the castle esc would be great as well

  3. #3
    RC Champion Dcuda69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,969
    Welcome aboard! I would suggest telling us what you want to do with the truck. 6s is crazy in a Slash unless you're doing speed runs. 3 and 4s is typical for bashing and 2s is required for most track racing. Cell count will drive your motor system choice...plenty of options and a ton of experience on this board so let us know what your intentions are.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Area 51?
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    Welcome aboard! I would suggest telling us what you want to do with the truck. 6s is crazy in a Slash unless you're doing speed runs. 3 and 4s is typical for bashing and 2s is required for most track racing. Cell count will drive your motor system choice...plenty of options and a ton of experience on this board so let us know what your intentions are.
    I wanted to have the option of using 6s at anytime,for runs,or pulls and to use 4s for bashing.But,if i'm being honest,I lost to a volkswagen beetle and it's driving me crazy
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Area 51?
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfOnyx View Post
    I wanted to have the option of using 6s at anytime,for runs,or pulls and to use 4s for bashing.But,if i'm being honest,I lost to a volkswagen beetle and it's driving me crazy
    But it was a turbo beetle going way over the speed limit,so don't tear into me that hard
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,213
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

    I personally love the Mamba X esc and sensored 5mm shaft 2400kv motor
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Area 51?
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

    I personally love the Mamba X esc and sensored 5mm shaft 2400kv motor
    The legend himself graces me with his presence.Thanks for your suggestion El Sob,i'll take it into account
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,213
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfOnyx View Post
    The legend himself graces me with his presence.Thanks for your suggestion El Sob,i'll take it into account
    Legend? I'm not so sure of that, my friend. I guarantee that will be the motor system to go into my newest Ultimate Edition
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •