RC poster

Need XMaxx advice.

I have the XMaxx 8s running the Castle 1/5 XLx motor and Esc combo and I break the front and rear differential pinion and spur on speed runs. Iím using prolines Badlands tires, I bought hardened spiral cut gears and I bought other brands and they always break. Iíve also went through several chassis changes and I have the same result. The rear and front pinion and spur gears break.
    Is there anyone out there that can point me in the direction of better gears.
    Iíve been through this for about a year and a half now. I actually just figured out today how to log onto the traxxas forum and post.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. ,

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
    I have the XMaxx 8s running the Castle 1/5 XLx motor and Esc combo and I break the front and rear differential pinion and spur on speed runs. Iím using prolines Badlands tires, I bought hardened spiral cut gears and I bought other brands and they always break. Iíve also went through several chassis changes and I have the same result. The rear and front pinion and spur gears break.
    Is there anyone out there that can point me in the direction of better gears.
    Iíve been through this for about a year and a half now. I actually just figured out today how to log onto the traxxas forum and post.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. ,
    You obviously have something else wrong. Whatís your gearing, you running the 800kv 2028?

RC poster
    I’ve 2028 54 spur 46 pinion.
    I want to convert to the 1.5 mod 1 slipper clutch eliminator and get the mod1 1.5 gear upgrade from @thexmaxxstore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thatís great and all, the extra weight doesnít seem worth it. That also doesnít solve your diff problem. The other thing is, if youíre speaking correctly, youíre truck has no slipper clutch. So if it does, your shredding 6S diffs not 8S, because the 8S has the Cush drive.

RC poster
    Yes I have the Cush drive currently, however I was looking to do the mon1 1.5 conversion which eliminates the Cush drive and allows larger pinion and spur.
    I just found out also about diff shims. Had no clue.
    I’m so happy. The past day or two new XMaxx fix videos and info is popping up all over the place.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm running the same set up motor esc tires I havent had any issues during speed runs yet running 29/46 tho.