RC Enthusiast

First time axle break

Finally broke an axle. On the rear right hand side and boy does it handle funny. Ordered up steel replacements for the rear. I hope they last longer. Only got one week out of the stock ones

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dubyab14 View Post
    Finally broke an axle. On the rear right hand side and boy does it handle funny. Ordered up steel replacements for the rear. I hope they last longer. Only got one week out of the stock ones
    Yikes. My Stampedes lasted almost 2 years on 2s lips. The front went, replaced them and then the rear. I went with MIP steel on the rears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    weird, I snapped the same right rear last Thursday. I had my clutch tightened down, and I think it was a combo of that and the grip of badlands. 2s Lipo for 1 year.

RC Qualifier
    Badlands are very grippy and I started wearing stuff down after losing the stockers.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What steel axles did you go with? MIP X duties are heavy, but they are the best

#factsdontcareaboutyourfeelings

RC Competitor
    MIP x duties are the best. We tried a lot of them and broke a them on 3s lipo power but the MIP's are still going strong.

Worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    Yikes. My Stampedes lasted almost 2 years on 2s lips. The front went, replaced them and then the rear. I went with MIP steel on the rears.

No way! 2 years? That's crazy! I couldn't go 2 weekends without having one snap and that was with just 2.8" chevrons!

I gave up and got the mip x-duty's. That was over a year ago and now I've been running 3S since October of last year, also running 2.8" trenchers which are way more grippy than the chevrons.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    I put entegy steel replacements on all four after the single break and since so issues. Rips full power, no slippage and bashes well

RC poster
    I've busted a drive shaft today after fitting a new 3660 3300Kv can and SC8 ESC. It absolutely blew the shaft apart.

I need to fit some new shafts to try again. Looking at the other side it looks like it's not too far behind. Mine was right rear too