RC poster

Melted Deans to Traxxas Adapters

I recently upgraded my Spartan with the Hot Racing water cooling jacket. I have the rest of the parts for running the dual cooling set up on the way and tried to run with just the water jacket itself. AFter running for about 5 minutes [only a few high speed passes] using 6s 5000mah 50c Gens Ace batteries the boat stopped. Upon inspection I noticed that deans to Traxxas adapter and the deans connector on the battery had melted slightly but just enough to where the contact was lost. This was only on the battery on the positive wire side.

I figured this could have been caused by a poorly made adapter so I tried again using another spare adapter. Got about the same amount of run time and then the boat stopped again. This time the melting was much more obvious on the adapter and again this was on the same side as the positive wire.

I have run the boat with the stock set up on this same battery set up with the stock water jacket [which was leaving a lot of water in the boat] and no melting of the adapters.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice as to what is causing this?

Adapters cause resistance which results in heat. Sounds like you are running Deans on the battery so switch to Deans on the ESC.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Adapters cause resistance which results in heat. Sounds like you are running Deans on the battery so switch to Deans on the ESC.
    Yeah, I wasnt sure if that was the case or if the motor had extra strain on it due to the new water jacket without the dual cooling set up.