Thread: no response

RC poster

no response

Can anyone tell me what causes a slayer to lose throttle and steering response.

I just recently tore it down to the chassis and cleaned it. It runs better now but I have no throttle or steering
    Last edited by Double G; 03-19-2019 at 07:49 PM. Reason: merge

Battery plugged in? Do you have a multi meter where you can probe the receiver ports for battery voltage? Did you plug steering into CH1 (there are two slots) and throttle into CH2?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Battery plugged in? Do you have a multi meter where you can probe the receiver ports for battery voltage? Did you plug steering into CH1 (there are two slots) and throttle into CH2?
    I didn't mess wit any of the settings

Time, dirt and vibration is rough on electronics.

Try unplugging the receiver pack from the switch, unplug the switch from the receiver, plug the receiver pack directly into the receiver. Could just be your switch is getting flaky or died. It's a pain, but at least you can rule it out.

If you have a second receiver pack, that would be best to try as well, then you can rule out the switch and receiver pack as the issue. Or find out that one of them is the issue.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    The symptom is pretty loaded. There can be a number of reasons for your issue. I’d start with the servo. How is it responding? If that’s fine then possibly use new batteries and/or change brand (ie use Duracell/Energizer vs Rayovac/generics). If that’s fine then you may want to invest in a battery capacitor which stores extra battery juice.
    Jato 3.3
    Slayer Pro 4x4
    Nitro Rustler