Steering issues with new servo

Put in new servo after original 2 stopped working. Running great then all of a sudden 30 min in to run today, its glitching and wont turn to right under forward throttle. Works fine in reverse, sitting still, sometimes it works sometimes it barely moves from center and shakes. Have a glitch buster in, anyone experienced this, found a fix, have suggestions. Rx??? (Caused two orig and this new one to go bad???) Almost like it acts when messing with steering end points if anyone's ever done it and saw how they act sometimes. I'll check that later but thatd be a rx issue if that's it.
    Last edited by Briber; 03-21-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Champion
    Have you tried turning TSM off? Not sure if it will help but itís worth a try.

RC Qualifier
    Are you using the app? if so try going into the drive effects and reset it to default then save and load and see if that helps.
    When you say your servos stopped working do you mean they actually quit with no movement at all even with the linkage disconnected?
    I'm wondering if maybe the plug is loose or maybe the pins in the receiver are loose or broken, this sounds more like a receiver issue then anything with 3 servos acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Have you tried turning TSM off? Not sure if it will help but itís worth a try.
    Tsm is off on all my models except for speed runner when making speed runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Are you using the app? if so try going into the drive effects and reset it to default then save and load and see if that helps.
    When you say your servos stopped working do you mean they actually quit with no movement at all even with the linkage disconnected?
    I'm wondering if maybe the plug is loose or maybe the pins in the receiver are loose or broken, this sounds more like a receiver issue then anything with 3 servos acting up.
    I'm not using the app, I use the tx in setting mode and navigate through menu tree. Yes both original trx servos just stopped working, I was doing jumps by running it up the base of huge tree in front yard and could get easy 6' of air, as it starts to fall off trunk as its climbing I turn and drive off it to do a back flip and land it on all fours lol, while doing that, (which I've done a hundred times before that), just lost all steering. Fearing it was dreaded servo problem just pulled both and went to one single servo with same strength as both trx ones.
    Last edited by Briber; 03-21-2019 at 05:30 PM.

I'm suspecting rx and before pulling it and all wires just wondering if anyone with same issue found it to actually be the rx?
    Last edited by Briber; 03-21-2019 at 05:33 PM.

RC poster
    Both my steering servos quit, would growl but not turn. took it apart found plastic gears stripped. replaced both servos and and ran it about 5laps and stripped again.?

Found the issue...

Batts were at 2.45 on all cells on both my SMC 7200mah 3s batts and they wont charge. So that's why steering died on throttle, to low of voltage.

I have fully trusted Trx electronics and never had a problem like this were its ruined something expensive. I'm really shocked at this and in my situation I know I'm outta warranty, and would be hard pressed to find the receipts anyway. Why would the esc flake out and run down in to the 2v per cell range????? With this happening I'm just disappointed. I cant afford to ruin another set of 3s's so I'm pulling esc and tryn sumthin different. Idk if I can trust it again would you guys run that esc?

I do find it curious that one meter shows all three cell voltages on both batts and one other only shows one cell outta 3 at 2.4 and other 2 at zero on both batts????

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Found the issue...

Batts were at 2.45 on all cells on both my SMC 7200mah 3s batts and they wont charge. So that's why steering died on throttle, to low of voltage.

I have fully trusted Trx electronics and never had a problem like this were its ruined something expensive. I'm really shocked at this and in my situation I know I'm outta warranty, and would be hard pressed to find the receipts anyway. Why would the esc flake out and run down in to the 2v per cell range????? With this happening I'm just disappointed. I cant afford to ruin another set of 3s's so I'm pulling esc and tryn sumthin different. Idk if I can trust it again would you guys run that esc?

I do find it curious that one meter shows all three cell voltages on both batts and one other only shows one cell outta 3 at 2.4 and other 2 at zero on both batts????

I have caught my esc twice now allowing my cells to dip below normal voltage cutoff with low voltage cutoff 100% turned on. Lucky I caught them on the high end. I have noticed that the passanger side battery tends to always have more drawn from it then the respective drivers side pack. Now, as silly as it may seem, I run a voltage reader/alarm on my packs balancing lead. This tells me what each cell is at real time and also will alarm when I need to shut down. I also use the Traxxas app on my phone and set a voltage alarm on my dashboard to alert me. This way I don't over discharge. As far as why your getting different readings when checking volatage...im kinda at a loss on this one and looking forward to others responses.

RC Qualifier
    You could try and find someone with the module or your LHS and do an update and see if that fixes the esc, worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    I have caught my esc twice now allowing my cells to dip below normal voltage cutoff with low voltage cutoff 100% turned on. Lucky I caught them on the high end. I have noticed that the passanger side battery tends to always have more drawn from it then the respective drivers side pack. Now, as silly as it may seem, I run a voltage reader/alarm on my packs balancing lead. This tells me what each cell is at real time and also will alarm when I need to shut down. I also use the Traxxas app on my phone and set a voltage alarm on my dashboard to alert me. This way I don't over discharge. As far as why your getting different readings when checking volatage...im kinda at a loss on this one and looking forward to others responses.
    Kicker is I have two, one for each batt on my speed runner but I dont see how the ones I have would fit in batt compartment with 7200mah 3s.

As far as app on phone bt module doesnt work. Something with security keeps kicking it off and send in modules and get reflash, uhggg really! Lol I bought the second one new hoping itd already be updated... I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    You could try and find someone with the module or your LHS and do an update and see if that fixes the esc, worth a try.
    I didnt think about that. I think I know someone who has one.
    Last edited by Briber; 03-29-2019 at 01:56 AM.

RC Champion
    A good thing to have is a simple low voltage alarm. Cheap insurance. They donít cost much and will save your batts. Sorry this happened, but for future use, LVAís are cheap insurance.

RC Qualifier
    I'm suspecting rx and before pulling it and all wires just wondering if anyone with same issue found it to actually be the rx?
    I agree with Briber.... Check the RX there seem to be causing the servos to glitch when they go bad. I recently tried to update my BluetoothTDI and it wen bad during the update.

RC Qualifier
    Found the issue...

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!

If your Lipo's wont charge, Take your charger outside away from potential harm and keep the Lipo in the lipo sack. Charge the lipo on a regular NIMH charge at around 1.5-2.0a. Yes I said NIMH. WATCH THE CHARGER LIKE A HAWK, and keep your eye on the voltage. it will charge up fairly quickly. Once it gets to around 9.2v total (3.2v per cell) take them off the nimh charge and see if they will balance charge. Ive recovered a fair few lipo's this way, even from circa 1v per cell. Long term its probably done damager, but you should be able to nurse them back.
    Last edited by Kpowell911; 03-30-2019 at 10:30 AM.