Thread: Snow Bashing

RC Racer

Snow Bashing

Hey guys, planning a trip to the snow this weekend and I知 going to take the cars. Is there anything special I should do to prepare? I知 planning on doing a full tear down and cleaning everything once we get back...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney82186 View Post
    Hey guys, planning a trip to the snow this weekend and I知 going to take the cars. Is there anything special I should do to prepare? I知 planning on doing a full tear down and cleaning everything once we get back...
    A full breakdown is pretty much all you need, sounds like you got it covered have fun!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    RC. an addiction I'm proud of

RC Qualifier
    tape the vent holes on the wheels maybe to keep the water out

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrossmxz View Post
    tape the vent holes on the wheels maybe to keep the water out
    I keep seeing people mention this. I burn holes in the tires to let water out so is it still necessary to tape the hole on the inside?

RC Qualifier
    I keep seeing people mention this. I burn holes in the tires to let water out so is it still necessary to tape the hole on the inside?
    No the water should be able to get out then

The sand is an issue now, if enough sand eventually make its way into the tire the sand will grind the foam down eventually and it will break down quicker than normal

RC Qualifier
    If you tape the holes on the rim you don't get the sand issue and your tire will still inflate and deflate as normal because of the vent holes you put in the tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Listen Rain Dawg, his method is perfect. I live in mountains and have profusely snow and mud. With this holes and tape, my tires run like a charm