RC poster

2.8 tires gearing?

so after I lifted my bronco the first set of tires I ordered work great for slow going crawling. Now my kid got a pede 4x4 vxl, while trying to drive around with them I quickly realized that I can not turn with out rolling over in high gear. So I threw on there tires and wheels and it looks ok, I have plenty of room for them, Just need to know if should change the gearing. I am running the one that came with the traxxas lift for 2.2 at the moment. Stock pede 2.8 talons on it now. Any info would be awesome from you guys, I am running the velineon system in the truck.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL130.../414167457.jpg

sorry having a hard time getting pics to post
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL130.../414167458.jpg
    Last edited by Toxic; 03-22-2019 at 07:47 PM.

RC Racer
    Thats a pretty cool look !
    Not sure why you think gearing would be an issue? Shorter tires are easier to rotate, so you should have pretty good throttle response.

Nope, you shouldn't need to change gearing for those unless you want to.

It is always good RC practice to monitor your motor temps after doing any kind of change to the drive train, but in the crawler world, isn't quite as necessary as it is in the fast RC world. But, it is never a bad idea to check temps every now and then to make sure everything is running ok.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    thanks guys, was just checking. I know the trx4 isn't made for bashing, but it seems to do it so well. I have about 20 batt runs on this thing and still have a working stock servo. I had to replace the arm but that's it. I am hoping the wider tires gives me just a little more stability it the turns. With the velineon system in it, the thing really moves.