RC Qualifier

Got a Brand New XMAXX in a trade do I keep the stock ESC or Ebay it???

Title says it all.

I am wondering how many XMAXX owners still have the original ESC in the rigs and what percentage had to warranty them?

I just got this beautiful Brand New Beast in a trade and I donít think Traxxas will offer me the standard free replacement if I should have an issue with it in the first 60 days grace period. I only have one shot at selling a prefect never been used VXL-8s.

I am worried (due to what I have been reading) that the ESC will have an issue and I will be left with a choice of sent it in to Traxxas and paying for a replacement or Buying a Hobbywing Max6 without being able to offset the cost.

I guess what a I am looking to know is this something I should be preemptive about or what to see it there is an issue?

Any insight would be appreciated.l

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Title says it all.

I am wondering how many XMAXX owners still have the original ESC in the rigs and what percentage had to warranty them?

I just got this beautiful Brand New Beast in a trade and I donít think Traxxas will offer me the standard free replacement if I should have an issue with it in the first 60 days grace period. I only have one shot at selling a prefect never been used VXL-8s.

I am worried (due to what I have been reading) that the ESC will have an issue and I will be left with a choice of sent it in to Traxxas and paying for a replacement or Buying a Hobbywing Max6 without being able to offset the cost.

I guess what a I am looking to know is this something I should be preemptive about or what to see it there is an issue?

Any insight would be appreciated.l
    The fact you probably donít have a warranty, and youíre already wary of the stock unit is your answer. I built mine, so I never had one. But if it were me, id never use it, sell it and upgrade.

Yep, that's what I'd do. Plus, I dump the motor for a Leopard.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    If you had the warranty, I'd say update the firmware (fixed my twitchy esc 2 years ago)and use it. But since you don't have that backup, it makes sense to sell the new unit.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

I would keep it. This is my opinion and currently own 6 trucks. 3 6s and 3 8s. Never had a problems with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6 X-MAXX's total one built from ground up 3 8s!!!

RC Qualifier
    Still have my stock 8s esc no issues. Truck is a little over a year old.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gripdog7205 View Post
    the fact you probably don’t have a warranty, and you’re already wary of the stock unit is your answer. I built mine, so i never had one. But if it were me, id never use it, sell it and upgrade.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    if you had the warranty, i'd say update the firmware (fixed my twitchy esc 2 years ago)and use it. But since you don't have that backup, it makes sense to sell the new unit.
    x2.

RC Qualifier
    Leopard????? I will have to look it up....

RC Qualifier
    Had issues with my Erevo 2.0 and spent $120 to get another VXL-6s..... so far so good. But why go thru that again....

RC Qualifier
    If you had the warranty, I'd say update the firmware (fixed my twitchy esc 2 years ago)and use it. But since you don't have that backup, it makes sense to sell the new unit.
    Out of curiosity how do you update the firm ware?..

RC Qualifier
    You have had good luck then.... good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbar223 View Post
    I would keep it. This is my opinion and currently own 6 trucks. 3 6s and 3 8s. Never had a problems with them.

Run the stock setup for a while. Get familiar with the truck. Then down the road upgrade with the aftermarket esc and motor. Yes, the escís have been good to me.

6 X-MAXX's total one built from ground up 3 8s!!!

I have a brand new one too. I purchased a max 5 with the truck. I debated the same thing myself for about 2 weeks before I ordered it. I used this forum and some Facebook groups and decided to just go straight to the max 5. I have the x maxx all torn apart doing some mods so it made sense for me. I'm not sure traxxas would cover my SMC batteries if they were to be damaged so that played a part. Plus the way my wife looked at me when I told her how much the X maxx and all the goodies I bought were probably wouldn't compare to the one I would get if she looked out into the backyard and saw it on fire driving around, with me in tears chasing after it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Out of curiosity how do you update the firm ware?..
    Through the Traxxas app.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    I would just run the stock esc. If you have a problem down the road then replace it

RC Qualifier
    I bought the BlueTooth Link today and while it was updating the firm ware (3 Updates) it froze up..... contacted Traxxas they’re sending me a new receiver...... go figure!

Mean while the XMaxx sits gently weeps.....