RC Enthusiast

Question Wing Damage (& wheelie bar question)

The original wing on my ERevo 2 is shredded. Some due to bad landings but a lot of it seems to be from wheelies. I installed the Traxxas wheelie bar set and secured it with extra zip ties. Regardless of the position/angle, the wing seems to easily get scraped up.

I drive off road 75% of the time but it still takes damage.

I ended up breaking the Traxxas wheelie bar (support arms in multiple places). I think the Traxxas wheelie bar needs a better design to be stronger and work better with the ERevo 2.

I bought a new wing but am hesitant to install it because it will get wrecked fast.

I have searched for other solutions without success. Anyone else have this problem?

RC Qualifier
    I remove my wheelie bar when jumping. Not mention to be on when doing big air.

I'm just keeping my messed up wing on there and not bothering with replacing it.

I'm just bashing it.. lots of crashes.. If I was doing speed runs if be replacing it...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Are there any better wing designs that are more durable for an ERevo 2 basher?

The t-bone rear skid/wheelie bar on the ERBEv1 works pretty well if your not crazy with the throttle. I can easily wheelie across an entire parking lot without scraping the wing once.

Now, if I cartwheel/crash, the skid/bumper flexes and the wing makes contact, but even then, not as bad as it would without it.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    I saw someone had drilled holes in the underside of the wing end plates, and installed a set of wheelie bar wheels. It seems to work well to protect the wing. An upside is EXTREME wheelies!