TQi Multi-Function Knob

I am using the TQi transmitter and receiver with my TRX-4 Sport Kit build. I am using a Castle Mamba X ESC. Is the Multi-Function knob on the transmitter tied to any channel? The reason I ask is because I'd like to use the Multi-Function knob to adjust the drag brake via the Castle Auxiliary Wire. Is this possible?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Is the Multi-Function knob on the transmitter tied to any channel?

I like your username!

The Multi-Function knob on the transmitter is assigned TSM by default if you are using the 6533 TSM receiver via Bluetooth and Traxxas Link App. If you are using the 2.4GHz 6518 receiver, you will have to assign a function to the knob using the menu tree on the transmitter because I am unsure what the default setting is by default.

As far as the Castle Auxiliary Wire, I would think that would be the same as assigning a function to the knob regardless of your channel slot unless you have the Auxiliary port on the receiver - and in that case, I am not entirely certain I follow what you may want to do.

This is a compatibility Link:

https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide

Let the forum know your receiver # model and we can go from there.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 03-24-2019 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Added Link
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    I like your username!

The Multi-Function knob on the transmitter is assigned TSM by default if you are using the 6533 TSM receiver via Bluetooth and Traxxas Link App. If you are using the 2.4GHz 6518 receiver, you will have to assign a function to the knob using the menu tree on the transmitter because I am unsure what the default setting is by default.

As far as the Castle Auxiliary Wire, I would think that would be the same as assigning a function to the knob regardless of your channel slot unless you have the Auxiliary port on the receiver - and in that case, I am not entirely certain I follow what you may want to do.

This is a compatibility Link:

https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide

Let the forum know your receiver # model and we can go from there.
    Thank you! It's a combination of the Jato (a 3.3 was my first entry back into 1/10 scale RC) and the infamous Jack The Ripper.

I have the 6533 receiver.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you! It's a combination of the Jato (a 3.3 was my first entry back into 1/10 scale RC) and the infamous Jack The Ripper.

I have the 6533 receiver.

Since you have the 6533 TSM receiver, then I guess or would assume you to be using the Traxxas Link App with Bluetooth module right?

If so, I believe you wanted to be able to assign the drag brake to the Multi-Function knob by way of the Castle Auxiliary wire. I am unfamiliar with using the Auxiliary wire for that function because I thought that was for telemetry purposes.

I am unable to determine at this time if you can do what you want because I haven't tried it myself because I haven't used drag brake in years.

Do you know what the intentional reason is for the auxiliary wire and is it white?

As far as I know, the Multi-Function knob has six possibilities to be assigned to it:

1- Steering Sensitivity (Expo)
    2- Throttle Sensitivity (Expo)
    3- Steering % (Dual Rate)
    4- Braking % (Not Drag Brake)
    5- Throttle Trim
    6- Knob Disabled

Drag Brake Percentage is usually set in your ESC with the Castle Link and I know you know that and your idea is a good one that I never thought of.

An adjustable on the fly drag brake would be cool instead of having to program the ESC constantly for different percentages of drag brake since it is a fixed amount - Now I see what you're trying to do!
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 03-24-2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Added Info.

TQi Multi-Function Knob

Since you have the 6533 TSM receiver, then I guess or would assume you to be using the Traxxas Link App with Bluetooth module right?

If so, I believe you wanted to be able to assign the drag brake to the Multi-Function knob by way of the Castle Auxiliary wire. I am unfamiliar with using the Auxiliary wire for that function because I thought that was for telemetry purposes.

I am unable to determine at this time if you can do what you want because I haven't tried it myself because I haven't used drag brake in years.

Do you know what the intentional reason is for the auxiliary wire and is it white?
    Yes, I am using the Bluetooth module and Link app.

The Castle Auxiliary Wire is for control of certain ESC settings of your choice by way of the transmitter not telemetry. It's a clever and awesome feature!

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I am using the Bluetooth module and Link app.

The Castle Auxiliary Wire is for control of certain ESC settings of your choice by way of the transmitter not telemetry. It's a clever and awesome feature!
    I added some information to my prior post - hope you saw it.

Like I mentioned in post #4, there are only six functions that I am aware of that can be assigned to the Multi-Function knob.

You mentioned that the auxiliary wire is for certain ESC settings - which ones? Even if you could somehow port the drag brake through the auxiliary wire, I don't see how to assign it to the multi-function knob because it is considered a "Hard Setting" in the ESC which means it's constant not fluctuating.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 03-24-2019 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Fixed

I added some information to my prior post - hope you saw it.

Like I mentioned in post #4, there are only six functions that I am aware of that can be assigned to the Multi-Function knob.

You mentioned that the auxiliary wire is for certain ESC settings - which ones? Even if you could somehow port the drag brake through the auxiliary wire, I don't see how to assign it to the multi-function knob because it is considered a "Hard Setting" in the ESC which means it's constant not fluctuating.
    I didn't see what you added to the previous post until you mentioned it. Here are the settings that can be controller via the Auxiliary Wire: http://www.castlecreations.com/aux-wire

RC Qualifier
    I didn't see what you added to the previous post until you mentioned it. Here are the settings that can be controller via the Auxiliary Wire: http://www.castlecreations.com/aux-wire
    Thank you!

Here is what I was able to find in the Castle Link program itself:

Now according to that, you will be able to use drag brake through the auxiliary wire and if you read the small definition closely, it seems to me that the drag brake will be self adjusting on the fly because you are going through the auxiliary wire!

However; I don't see how to adjust it on the fly as it claims in Castle Link.

You know, a possibility I overlooked is the probability that when you hook up the auxiliary wire and select the function in Castle Link, the Multi-Function knob might automatically get assigned your drag brake by default - maybe give it a try and see.

You do have more than a two channel Tx I hope and even if so, it looks like drag brake can only be toggled on and off the more I think about it.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 03-24-2019 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Gathering additional information.

RC Qualifier
    Also, a new feature I saw in the Castle Link update was the "Drag Brake Ramp":

That may be an alternative to use instead.