RC poster

Brushless tmaxx conversion

I just got the t-maxx from a buddy it has everything but the
    Engine. its ready for an electric brushless motor what would be the best one for this beast plus I need info on the best suspension on a budget. It used to be AWD converted to rwd.

RC poster
    Hey buddy. Currently doing the same. Have you identified which chassis you have? Classic, long base, etc? I also struggled trying to figure out the best motor esc combo etc. And I decided upon a crazypony 2250kv 120A esc combo in the end. See pic attached.

I havenít even run it yet so I donít know whether it works good for this size truck tbh. Iím new to the hobby.

RC poster
    This is mine. Classic 2.5 Tmaxx.

Iíve got a : channel Etronix receiver and voltage power cap as Iíll be running the hitec 645mg steering servo and apparently would need a glitch buster?! I dunno but thought Iíll get one just in case. Iím currently awaiting a pinion gear set 16, 17, 18t from amazon. As Iíve already said I havenít run it yet so have no idea whether everything works well together but Iím hoping it does!

RC poster
    The motor mount is a generic one off eBay.

It looks like itíll be a good fit.

Hereís the clearance Iíll have.

RC poster
    Yes I will have to drill some new holes in the chassis for it but Iím not too fussed about that. I just couldnít afford a How2RC mount which screws in the current holes already in the chassis. This whole project was as budget as I could afford. All this including the forward only and single speed transmission gears comes to around £128.

RC Qualifier
    Just be careful if you do use it as a 2wd, as the brushless motors have much more torque then the nitro power ones. I suggest getting the thing back to stock form being 4x4 and use it that way. Just some food for thought.

RC poster
    Def youíll want 4x4. Single speed transmission etc..

RC poster
    Finally finished mine.

Itís not particularly fast and doesnít try to wheelie but I didnít want to stress the stock transmission so as long as it goes a bit and I can have some fun- Iím happy.

RC poster
    i am in the same process
    what pinion gear did you use ?
    i have stripped or broke 3 already

really appreciate your input

Thank you
    Paul

RC poster
    It really depends on how close your motor is to the tranny spur I reckon. I was using 32 pitch, size 15T. I have a range of different sizes that I can sell you for cheap tho. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    who is the pinion gear manufacturer you are using?
    i have been using Traxxas hardened Junk

you pinion looks completely different

RC Qualifier
    Robinson Racing makes some good pinions. Just make sure to get the hardened steel ones.

RC poster
    thank you
    have you tried Techno ?