RC poster

Power HD servo problems

I recently installed PowerHD23kg waterproof high torque servo and when I steer the light on my receiver turns red and the servo rested to neutral. Also if I try to steer while holding the throttle it does the same thing.

What batteries are you using?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    AA’s I have a tmaxx 3.3 but my previous servo worked perfectly fine. Is there a way to reset the receiver?

It is not the receiver but the battery. Four AA batteries don't last that long and four rechargeable are not recommended due to their voltage rating. Best to get a rechargeable receiver pack and consider a glitch buster to help with any heavy draw.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Do you have a recommended battery?

The Traxxas receiver pack: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...mp-23A-1200mAh is good. I run equivalent sized 1600mah Reedy packs.
    The Super Derecho

Remove the servo horn from the servo, verify your linkages are turning them wheels without any binding.

+1 5 cell rechargeable packs are the way to go, 1400 mah rating minimum... IF you still experience the problem maybe the servo has an issue.

Also, I forgot another thing, if the end points are set further than what the steering linkage allows your servo can be fighting it and eating up battery power as well. Combine alll the above and you should be covered.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall