RC Racer

V1 versus V2 Teton

Hi all,

How do you tell the difference between the Tetons without taking apart? Meaning the old version with plastic diffs.

Or are they pretty non existent now? I just donít want to buy one the LHS has in stock and find out itís been on the shelf for a while and is the old one..

Thx!

RC Qualifier
    The outdrives will look a little bit metallic, while the old teton will just look black. But honestly, unless they changed something, I think either one should be fine. The plastic diffs have held up on my sst, through 2 brushed motors. Then I upgraded to brushless, and have probably spent 3 hours driving, and still the diffs have no problems.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    The outdrives will look a little bit metallic, while the old teton will just look black. But honestly, unless they changed something, I think either one should be fine. The plastic diffs have held up on my sst, through 2 brushed motors. Then I upgraded to brushless, and have probably spent 3 hours driving, and still the diffs have no problems.
    Nice! What BL system did you go with?

RC Qualifier
    So I use the ********* 6600 kv motor. I got it off of ebay. I just used a 1 10 scale esc that I had on hand. It is the tazer dynamite 45a esc. I took off the fan to save on weight and size and tied it down with zip ties. I also used zip ties as shock spacers, because the car is much heavier now that it is out of the box. Currently, I am looking for a servo, because my emax one broke when I ran it at the beach in hawaii.