RC Racer

New Slash Ultimate

My my is it good to be back! After a 5 year hiatus and (regretfully) selling all of my rc gear, I am picking up the new Slash Ultimate on Thursday or Friday whenever my LHS gets the car in. I plan on primarily bashing but there are a couple tracks within 2 hours of my that I plan on going to to do some entry level racing. Iíll be picking up a 2s Lipo/charger and rpm rear bumper and mud flaps (for the awesome look)! I have read up on a lot of older ultimate upgrades posts but hadnít seen many about the newest edition. Does any one have any recommendations on certain parts/set up options (pinion, shocks)? Iíd love to hear everyoneís thoughts on the truck as Iíve always wanted a Slash but never owned one previously. Thanks for your help in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    When i first got my slash ultimate it handled like crap but as soon as i used this setup i don't think it could handle ant better maybe a little tweeking here and there but rhis is an amazing starting point

Slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Racer
    That is really helpful, thank you!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewright1096 View Post
    That is really helpful, thank you!

No prob like i said take your truck out when you get it then use this setup and you'll notice a huge difference.

Slash 4x4 Ultimate

Try this one... it's a little more up-to-date.

http://razorrcblog.blogspot.com/2016...41016.html?m=1

Some of what is in there isn't stock, but it can get you close.

Great tips here:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...g-on-the-track

Good luck and have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Try this one... it's a little more up-to-date.

http://razorrcblog.blogspot.com/2016...41016.html?m=1

Some of what is in there isn't stock, but it can get you close.

Great tips here:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...g-on-the-track

Good luck and have fun!
    I'll have to try this setup now and see how it works thanks for sharing.

Slash 4x4 Ultimate

My my is it good to be back! After a 5 year hiatus and (regretfully) selling all of my rc gear, I am picking up the new Slash Ultimate on Thursday or Friday whenever my LHS gets the car in. I plan on primarily bashing but there are a couple tracks within 2 hours of my that I plan on going to to do some entry level racing. Iíll be picking up a 2s Lipo/charger and rpm rear bumper and mud flaps (for the awesome look)! I have read up on a lot of older ultimate upgrades posts but hadnít seen many about the newest edition. Does any one have any recommendations on certain parts/set up options (pinion, shocks)? Iíd love to hear everyoneís thoughts on the truck as Iíve always wanted a Slash but never owned one previously. Thanks for your help in advance!

Welcome back! Had the LCG chassis been released when you got out of the game? The Ultimate edition used to be a HCG Platinum edition that was ready to run. Now add on the LCG chassis, telemetry and the Bluetooth TQi transmitter and it is quite the truck! The added aluminum parts help make the Ultimate edition very sturdy. You are going to love the GTR shocks they work extremely well! Which body did you get on your truck? Don't forget we are here to help you back into the addiction
    Last edited by El Sob; 03-26-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Welcome back! Had the LCG chassis been released when you got out of the game? The Ultimate edition used to be a HCG Platinum edition that was ready to run. Now add on the LCG chassis, telemetry and the Bluetooth TQi transmitter and it is quite the truck! The added aluminum parts help make the Ultimate edition very sturdy. You are going to love the GTR shocks they work extremely well! Which body did you get on your truck? Don't forget we are here to help you back into the addiction
    The LCG had not been released yet so Iím hoping to see the benefits of that! I got the green truck. Whatíre your thoughts on the new heavy duty drive shafts? Think theyíll hold up on 2s? MIPís a little out of the budget... for now lol

The LCG had not been released yet so I’m hoping to see the benefits of that! I got the green truck. What’re your thoughts on the new heavy duty drive shafts? Think they’ll hold up on 2s? MIP’s a little out of the budget... for now lol

If you are only running 2s, you should be just fi e running the new shafts. MIP are my favorite followed by the Traxxas CV axles.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    The ultimate is AMAZING!!! I purchased mine just last week. Ran 3 packs through it so far all 3s. The stock gearing is plenty fast. The telemetry hits in 45+ range on the regular. Kinda scared to put the 18t pinion on. I havent changed any set up on the truck hole position wise. I didnt like how spongy the front shocks were with the stock oil. So after 1 pack I put some TLR 50w in their and wow does that front stay planted. Much less body roll in the front and the stock tires definitely bite better. I dont know if i will get into racing. Have a nice outdoor track and an indoor carpet track out here in the Palm Springs area. For now I just love bashing the **** out of it. I wanna get a steel spur cause I have never been a fan of plastic. Gonna change over to a few different aluminum parts here in the near future aas well, mainly the motor mount. But i am glad to be apart of the Traxxas family and community. For the money this truck has everything you could ask of it.

*quick add-on. I had picked up some 50k diff oil. Would that be too heavy to put front and rear?