RC poster

Looking for gearing help

Hello I have a Slash 4x4 with a Castle 1800kv and Mamba X ESC the gearing it came with has a ton of torque, I'm looking to do speed runs with my friends but i'm having a difficult time figuring out what pinion and spur gear to use I want to go atleast 100mph and will be running 4-6s batteries any help or input would be greatly appreciated

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
    Hello I have a Slash 4x4 with a Castle 1800kv and Mamba X ESC the gearing it came with has a ton of torque, I'm looking to do speed runs with my friends but i'm having a difficult time figuring out what pinion and spur gear to use I want to go atleast 100mph and will be running 4-6s batteries any help or input would be greatly appreciated
    Hopefully you have supporting mods like GRP tires or BSR foams. (original off road tires will blow to pieces over 60mph) Strong axles and removing the clutch system would be a good idea also.

I am not familiar with the castle 1800kv motor. Do you have a picture of it?

With GRP tires and 29/34 mod 1 gearing I was able to hit 83mph on 3s. That same gearing should put you in the ball park with higher power (4-6s) depending how the motor and aerodynamics effect things.

-Liberty