RC Competitor

running 20 diff. "c" rated batteries in same vehicle (same voltage 2 cell, same mah)

hi,

you probably have had this question in here before so sorry to be redundant.

i have a traxxas e-maxx brushless. been running 2 venoms in it. both are 2cell 7.4v 5000mah 40c.

it seems one of them has gone "nuts" but i`m not concerned about it at the moment. what i need to know is if i have another
    battery that is the same voltage(2 cell 7.4v 5000mah but only a 25c...can i still run it with the venom 40c?

reason i`m asking is i have a spare traxxas ID 7.4v 5000mah 25c battery. i would like to run it til
    i get another venom under warranty.

thanks for your answers

No. It's best to run packs in matched pairs. By that, I mean you buy 2 packs and use them together in 2 pack trucks all the time. If a pack goes bad, use the good one for something else and buy a new pair.

It's not as bad if you buy 4 packs for a truck and one goes bad, you can mix/match the 3 you have left so they "wear" the same. Packs of different "wear" shouldn't be run together as the weaker pack is going to die earlier and the LVC circuit doesn't know any better and keeps going until the total average is down to a certain point. So you will end up running the weaker pack down further than you should and that could be a real issue. Lipo's don't like being over discharged.

As for running different C rating, it's probably not a good idea.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    thank you for the info