RC poster

Engine Always Engaged/Truck won't roll backwards

I was just driving around and I thought I was hearing something strange so put on the brakes which killed the engine. The truck won't roll backwards if both front or both back (or all) wheels have contact with the ground. When I turn the ez start it forces the transmission to engage so it won't start to idle. Any ideas? I figure it's transmission-based but not sure what to look for.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM619 View Post
    I was just driving around and I thought I was hearing something strange so put on the brakes which killed the engine. The truck won't roll backwards if both front or both back (or all) wheels have contact with the ground. When I turn the ez start it forces the transmission to engage so it won't start to idle. Any ideas? I figure it's transmission-based but not sure what to look for.
    There's something called a one way bearing or something like that. It has probably failed. I've seen discussions on it in this section. Parts list should show it also.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    There's something called a one way bearing or something like that. It has probably failed. I've seen discussions on it in this section. Parts list should show it also.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    I actually thought about this after the post. It's the only thing that has failed so far and I just replaced it about two months ago. The last one just decimated the bearing rollers to the point the starter shaft was worn down and wouldn't make contact for starts. Maybe this one has failed as well in a different manner that prohibits freespin.

Your clutch spring or clutch shoes probably broke. Or the clutch bell bearings seized, but sounds more like the clutch itself. You have to pull the engine and take the bell off to see what's going on in there.

The transmission one way bearing (there's one in the two speed mechanism) would not cause the truck to move when turning the engine over. A seized starter one way bearing wouldn't do that either.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    Plus one for olds97_ls’s comment!
    Jato 3.3
    Slayer Pro 4x4
    Nitro Rustler