Suggestions/Help on a Speed Runner Body

Im looking for a body that'll fit my p4de and help with speed runs. I have a few different bodies and a arrange of tires. My p4de has a Castle Creations Mamba Monster X Esc with 2650kv motor. Ive been working on speed runs and doing ok. Just with any stampede 4x4 bodies i have or came across aren't good at all for going 80+. Im trying to find a speed runner body. Is anyone running one or know where to get one that'll fit the p4de? Any info/help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Tapatalk
    "Theres not bad people, just bad choices."

RC Qualifier
    Jconcepts Scalpel, i fitted it to a 2wd Slash

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I was looking into that funny enough to make my sl4she into. I checked out the front bumper conversion, the shock limiters, the g-locs tires, and the scalpel setup sheet. I was wondering if it would fit my p4de. Now i have proline extended body mount kit w/ the thumb screws, will that be a problem? Will the scalpel front bumper conversion work with my p4de? The last question, will the scalpel body actually fit the stampede? Sorry about all the questions. I just think that ve amazing to have a stampede 4x4 in a scalpel. I already have a CC mamba monster x and 2650kv in it. Theres a 2200kv on its way to Switch out. Itd be great to know those questions. What modifications did you have to do to make it work? Do you have any photos, how she look?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    I was looking into that funny enough to make my sl4she into. I checked out the front bumper conversion, the shock limiters, the g-locs tires, and the scalpel setup sheet. I was wondering if it would fit my p4de. Now i have proline extended body mount kit w/ the thumb screws, will that be a problem? Will the scalpel front bumper conversion work with my p4de? The last question, will the scalpel body actually fit the stampede? Sorry about all the questions. I just think that ve amazing to have a stampede 4x4 in a scalpel. I already have a CC mamba monster x and 2650kv in it. Theres a 2200kv on its way to Switch out. Itd be great to know those questions. What modifications did you have to do to make it work? Do you have any photos, how she look?

I can't answer your questions as i don't own a stampede but i would think a 4x4 Stampede and a 4x4 Slash would be pretty similar. I'll get a picture up of my 2wd Slash with the Scalpel body soon. I fitted it and got it painted with SpazStix Sapphire Blue Pearl, it looks pretty good. I've got Stampede Pro-line 2.8" Primes on the rear.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I donít know if anyone running speed bodies on a P4de. When GeneralPede was getting his to 100mph it was with a truck body or no body. The Slash stuff is longer. I donít know if itíll match up. Folks will tell you to get a Slash chassis and A arms.

RC Qualifier
    If they have it, you might try looking into a J concepts overtray. They fit pretty tight to the chassis and are very low profile. Donít know if they make one for the Stampede though. Youíll have to check their website I suppose. That is the only one that might work if they have it. Good luck with whatever you do. Getting to 100mph is no easy task even with a purpose built machine.

RC Qualifier
    This is the Scalpel body mounted on a Pro-line Pro2 LCG chassis (2wd Slash). You can see how close the front body mounts are to the windshield, any closer and I would have made a sheet metal bracket to move them forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    This is the Scalpel body mounted on a Pro-line Pro2 LCG chassis (2wd Slash). You can see how close the front body mounts are to the windshield, any closer and I would have made a sheet metal bracket to move them forward.

That's a nice pop out at you color. Now j.w do you have the front body mount turned 180 degrees? Do you have the jconcepts body mount bracket? Sorry for the 50 questions. Im just curious and wanting to know all the info before making a investment. Do you have the specs for your truck, length, width, height?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Just use the stock body, donít get a scalpel body. Their terrible for speedruns. If you want a closed wheel body you can get a deltaplastik jaguar body, youíll have to cut it to size to fit the stampede since itís made for the slash wheelbase. I mounted one on a rustler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I can get the specs later, it is using the pro-line body mounts in their stock location. I do not have a front bumper on it right now. I might cut a 2wd Slash bumper down for the front, i don't think the 4x4 Slash bumper will fit.

RC Qualifier
    I'm not using this for speed runs, probably going to set it up as more of a drag car.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Just use the stock body, donít get a scalpel body. Their terrible for speedruns. If you want a closed wheel body you can get a deltaplastik jaguar body, youíll have to cut it to size to fit the stampede since itís made for the slash wheelbase. I mounted one on a rustler.

I remember reading that thread. Where do you even get abody like that? Also I know you hit over a 100mph with a p4de. Where you using a CC 2200kv or a 2650kv? What mod 1 pinion and spur did you use? I have my p4de setup 21t pinion 40t spur with the CC 2650kv. I have yet to run it on 4s or 3s. Do you think that is to much for bashing/speed runs,? Thank you in advance. Im eager to know those questions.

I can get the specs later, it is using the pro-line body mounts in their stock location. I do not have a front bumper on it right now. I might cut a 2wd Slash bumper down for the front, i don't think the 4x4 Slash bumper will fit.

I think the bolt pattern on the slash 4x4 is completely different than the slash 2x4. Using the slash 2x4 as a drag setup with the scalpel body would be neat. Do you already race in a rc drag league?

Id very much appreciate the specs when every you can. J.w. do you run a slipper clutch and if so how tight do you have it?

GeneralPede do you run the aluminum slipper or the tmaxx Brake disc? How tight do you have your slipper clutch when using either the aluminum slipper pads or the tmaxx Brake disc?

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-31-2019 at 06:30 PM. Reason: merge

I remember reading that thread. Where do you even get abody like that? Also I know you hit over a 100mph with a p4de. Where you using a CC 2200kv or a 2650kv? What mod 1 pinion and spur did you use? I have my p4de setup 21t pinion 40t spur with the CC 2650kv. I have yet to run it on 4s or 3s. Do you think that is to much for bashing/speed runs,? Thank you in advance. Im eager to know those questions.

Deltaplastik sells them. Used a MM2/2650 castle to hit 132mph. 21/40 should do over 100 with good batteries.
    GeneralPede do you run the aluminum slipper or the tmaxx Brake disc? How tight do you have your slipper clutch when using either the aluminum slipper pads or the tmaxx Brake disc?

I donít use a slipper on my speedcars.

If you don't use a slipper clutch what do you use, center diff or something different?

If you don't use a slipper clutch what do you use, center diff or something different?

Slipper eliminator

What exactly does that do?

What exactly does that do?

Eliminates the slipper. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F292838294800

Eliminates the slipper. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F292838294800

Thank you. That shows everything.

Thank you. That shows everything.
    Welcome

Welcome

Is the slipper eliminator the way you would recommend doing your first speed runs or something you should work up to as you get better at keeping it straight on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Is the slipper eliminator the way you would recommend doing your first speed runs or something you should work up to as you get better at keeping it straight on the road?
    You could go ahead and get it, can also lock your slipper down all the way and get the same effect of you want.

You could go ahead and get it, can also lock your slipper down all the way and get the same effect of you want.

Now by locking the slipper down all the way or having the slipper Eliminator have you (GeneralPede) broken anything? Have you or do you run a locked slipper or slipper Eliminator for bashing?

Now by locking the slipper down all the way or having the slipper Eliminator have you (GeneralPede) broken anything? Have you or do you run a locked slipper or slipper Eliminator for bashing?
    Iíve broke one in half before on a speedrun. I wouldnít use one for bashing, speedruns only.

Iíve broke one in half before on a speedrun. I wouldnít use one for bashing, speedruns only.

Alrighty gotcha. When I attempt my speed runs tomorrow on 4s with 21t/40t ill keep the slipper clutch locked. When bashing ill keep my slipper clutch a 1/8th turn from locked. Have you used the tmaxx Brake disc instead of the aluminum pads? Would it be ok to use the tmaxx Brake disc with the revo slipper clutch or is that a bad idea? If you did use the tmaxx Brake disc how tight did you set the slipper clutch?

Alrighty gotcha. When I attempt my speed runs tomorrow on 4s with 21t/40t ill keep the slipper clutch locked. When bashing ill keep my slipper clutch a 1/8th turn from locked. Have you used the tmaxx Brake disc instead of the aluminum pads? Would it be ok to use the tmaxx Brake disc with the revo slipper clutch or is that a bad idea? If you did use the tmaxx Brake disc how tight did you set the slipper clutch?

T maxx disc is fine, I donít remember how tight I used to run mine as I havenít bashed since 2017.

RC Qualifier
    That's a nice pop out at you color. Now j.w do you have the front body mount turned 180 degrees? Do you have the jconcepts body mount bracket? Sorry for the 50 questions. Im just curious and wanting to know all the info before making a investment. Do you have the specs for your truck, length, width, height?
    The body as it is with the sct front tires and the rear 2.8 primes is 7" high, 13" wide and 20" long not including the rear bumper which adds another inch. I'm using the protrac arms and front wheels, no need for Bandit arms on this body. The rear wheels are Stampede F11's.

The body as it is with the sct front tires and the rear 2.8 primes is 7" high, 13" wide and 20" long not including the rear bumper which adds another inch. I'm using the protrac arms and front wheels, no need for Bandit arms on this body. The rear wheels are Stampede F11's.

Thank you. I just wanted to know the specs to your slash 2wd so i could compare that with my p4de in order to see how the specs of the scalpel body would fit/look on my p4de. Thank you for taking the time out to make those measurements. It's a big help in a potential big investment to change from that to what mine is as of now. To make it into a drag/speed car would be crazy. I want to add your idea with Generalpede's build.

No speed runs today as i planned. Its raining here. Guess it's gonna have to wait till this Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-31-2019 at 06:30 PM. Reason: merge

Just made a order for some goodies.
    Last edited by NOFTCHX; 04-01-2019 at 12:44 PM.