RC poster

traxxas link firmware update froze on update and transmitter no longer works :(

Since Traxxas support is closed til monday, I figured I would ask on here. Anybody know of any solutions to get this working? I purchased the traxxas link for my slash vxl tsm. Installed the app onto my lg android phone and it prompted me that the transmitter needed an update. I clicked the update and it ran through part 1 of the update and during part 2 when it was verifying it stopped updating like it was frozen. After waiting about 30 minutes with no changes i rebooted the app and now the transmitter green light wont come on and the link app wont allow me to run any updates. I can connect to the link but the transmitter doesnt react to anything. Anybody know any fixes for this or am I stuck most likely sending this out to Traxxas now? I tried restarting phone, rebinding transmitter, removing batteries....I guess the controller is bricked now? No lights come on at all except the blue link light on the back of the transmitter.

RC poster
    *Update.... had to ship the transmitter out to Traxxas for them to flash. What a pain

RC Enthusiast
    Unbelievable. I had a similar experience the other day - somehow things started working again after turning everything off for an hour. I found this sub Forum and was really upset to see a whole pinned thread with people complaining about having their transmitters bricked. This product does not seem reliable enough to be on sale

I wonder what the issue is. I just did mine and it worked flawlessly(Slash Ultimate/Android Galaxy S9). I ran a summer camp last year using TMaxx trucks all running the bluetooth/linked to Ipads. Updated everyone without issue(10 trucks total) Strange that some work and some brick?
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Enthusiast
    I just had this happen to me last week. The only difference is mine updated successfully, it just wouldn't turn back on. Traxxas just got it yesterday but the 3ch, $40cad, shipped to my door, that I ordered the same day I realized I had to ship mine, arrived yesterday.

I bought all of the telemetry and installed the LCG chassis the day my tx died so I was dying to try it. I am very happy.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk