Thread: engine help

RC poster

engine help

New to this forum. Trying to resurrect an original Revo 2 5. Bought it new on a whim. Got it broken in and ran it for a bit. Then got into helicopters. So the Revo sat. That was 10/15 years ago.

So now I've gotten the radio to work by swapping out different receivers and transmitters and finally buying a new reciever battery. Had electric start working and it turned the engine over. Got all electrics back in and cover on. Recharged starting battery. Pushing button, green light comes on but nothing else. Need some direction. Thanks for any help.

Rob

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Rob best to start a new thread but glow plug is my guess.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post

Moved. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by robs9 View Post
    New to this forum. Trying to resurrect an original Revo 2 5. Bought it new on a whim. Got it broken in and ran it for a bit. Then got into helicopters. So the Revo sat. That was 10/15 years ago.

So now I've gotten the radio to work by swapping out different receivers and transmitters and finally buying a new reciever battery. Had electric start working and it turned the engine over. Got all electrics back in and cover on. Recharged starting battery. Pushing button, green light comes on but nothing else. Need some direction. Thanks for any help.

Rob

Is the engine turning over? Which green light is turning on?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Moved. Done.

Is the engine turning over? Which green light is turning on?
    Original start to getting this truck running again. Was worried about engine being seized because of sitting for 10 years or so. First thing I did was find a nicad that was still good. Charged that, took glow plug out and connected Eze Start. Engine turned over. Since it was too cold outside to try and get the engine running I turned my attention to the radio system. Turned out it was trashed. Moisture. Got new receiver battery and swapped a few transmitters and receiver around and got the truck to respond. Charged Eze Start battery again and when you push the start button the green led lights up. Tried to turn engine over nothing. Turned radio on and reinstalled the glow plug. Thinking that all had to be hooked up. Glow plug light on Eze Start does not light up . When pushing the start button. At this point I have nothing. Even though the very first attempt the starting system I got engine to turn over.

So, the engine doesn't turn over and the glow plug light doesn't light?

Is the starter battery new? Could just be shot and not able to supply enough current to turn the engine over when the plug is in it with the compression.

If it sat for that long, I'd take the engine apart, clean it all with DA and lube it with ARO, then put it back together. That would include the carburetor. Also, where the ground wire of the ezstart connects to the motor, clean that with a wire brush or fine sand paper as it's likely corroded.

If the glow plug is also that old, replace it.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    Olds97, thanks for the reply. I am suspecting the starting nicad has gone by by. When first trying to turn engine over a few months ago, everything worked ,just didnt have glowplug in.

Personally, I never used the ezstart much. I always took that stuff off and put on a pull-starter. Even when I did use it, I used a normal glow plug heater so I could heat the plug for a few seconds before turning the engine over.
    Expert rigging at it's best!