RC Enthusiast

Question Traxxas slash 2wd hex rounding help

Since I got the MIP X Duty drive shafts the metal hexes are seeming to round the plastic wheel /rim I did notice that the nuts holding the wheel on keeps coming loose is that how it rounded it out what causes the wheel hex to round out is it because of the hexes are metal instead of plastic what do I do to prevent it I'm also putting fronts on the rear and fronts on the front so I can rotate my tires pls help

RC Qualifier
    I solved that problem with Tekno wheel nuts. They are holding great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alexsasax View Post
    I solved that problem with Tekno wheel nuts. They are holding great.

Those nylock nuts get worn out and need to be replaced from time to time. Upgrading your hardware is always a good plan, but make sure you don't have any grease or silicone on your hubs before you put the new hardware on.

I check all of my wheel nuts tight as part of my battery installation/pre-flight inspection I do prior to running my trucks. It seems like a 15-second waste of time until I find that one nut loose.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Those nylock nuts get worn out and need to be replaced from time to time. Upgrading your hardware is always a good plan, but make sure you don't have any grease or silicone on your hubs before you put the new hardware on.

I check all of my wheel nuts tight as part of my battery installation/pre-flight inspection I do prior to running my trucks. It seems like a 15-second waste of time until I find that one nut loose.
    Exactly, check before start driving, it should be holding fine for 15, 20 min.

I had an issue with the barrels in my 17mm adaptors backing out but the 12mm ones on my rustler never come out. Maybe because I change them frequently to change the colors. I have aluminum hex’s with new nuts from a platinum slash being delivered tomorrow
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

Back passenger side wheel nuts are the ones that tend to come loose due to rotation of axles (and weight transfer) under acceleration. Make sure you use a serrated locknut, a little blue loctite on that axle (let cure 24 hours) isn't a bad idea either, that's the blue stuff Traxxas puts on their axles.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos