RC Competitor

NiMH batteries on Dynamite Prophet Quad charger

I was wondering if you could hook up the Traxxas NiMH batteries to a Dynamite Prophet Quad charger? Anyone out there done this? They are the ones that come with the 1/16 MERV VXL.
    Last edited by scoviman; 04-01-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Should be able to. Just need to get the plug adapters. There are 2 prophet quad chargers that I know of, the 4x50w and 4x100w. I have the 4x100w, but I don't use it to charge NiMH much. I have charged NiMH with it just to fiddle around a bit. I use it for lipo.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Should be able to. Just need to get the plug adapters. There are 2 prophet quad chargers that I know of, the 4x50w and 4x100w. I have the 4x100w, but I don't use it to charge NiMH much. I have charged NiMH with it just to fiddle around a bit. I use it for lipo.
    Iíve got the 4x100 charger as well. Iíll get some Traxxas ID ends and make my own harness. Thanks for the reply!

RC Competitor
    I’ve got the 4x100 model as well. I’ll get a Traxxas connector and make a plug to put into the Dynamite charger. Thanks for the reply!

I bought adapters for mine. It came with two bullet to deans and... ec5? I just got some cheap adapters but probably could have just cut them off and replaced them with traxxas plugs as that's what I run on everything I own.

RC Competitor
    What do you think about that Dynamite charger? I love mine. I’ve got ten Lipos and have been getting by with a Hitec charger that only did one battery at a time! It was such a pain in the butt. Now doing four at once is awesome!

It's ok. Great for 2S 1C charging up to 10000mah, but a bit weak for higher mah 3S packs. I have a few chargers. That one I got shortly after getting my first electric and realizing how long it was taking the traxxas dual id to charge 2x2S 9000mah packs. I got a cheaper 2x12A/2x150W to keep in my car while I'm out bashing and I got a nice hitec D7 (2x20/2x200) that I use now to quick charge my larger 3S packs.