Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC poster
    thanks for your help willy, i'll take your advice and tighten it down. my bad about hopping into the 4x4 forum, like I said I haven't been around in awhile! appreciate the assist!

RC Competitor
    Hey again, I got more questions about shocks, If I put the xxl GTR shocks in the front would you want to go with the same springs and oil in all four corners then?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx. D View Post
    Hey again, I got more questions about shocks, If I put the xxl GTR shocks in the front would you want to go with the same springs and oil in all four corners then?
    Thatís what I did and itís a night and difference from stock. Iím running blues or blacks with 60wt oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the GTR's that "fit" and I run the same springs front/rear with the same oil weights but with VDK pistons drilled out to 1/16" as the holes were too small otherwise. 1/16" was the smallest bit I had at the time.

I didn't realize the XXL's fit the front properly. Figured it would allow the arms to extend too far. I did extend mine a little by using different rod ends, but my chassis still bottoms out before the shocks do.

Some of my more recent updates:

Got a runcam2 for my bday to mount on my trucks. I was able to mount it on my stampede and can likely do something similar on my outcast, but I think the roof->hood is too short on my ERBEv2 and eJato to do much that keeps the camera protected. I'd mount it to the side, but I don't think I can rotate the video by 90 degrees, so it would be annoying to try mounting it to the side on those.

Latest video with the onboard camera:

The audio was awful on it, so I muted that track. The motor sounded like a dentist drill in your head the entire time and clipped really bad. Don't recall it sounding that way with my gopro session in there, but this camera is lighter and fits better without having to destroy the hood, so I'll stick with it and just mute it.

I had fried a couple spurs since I went with 4S, not 100% sure it's the fault of the spur or the fact that I had damage I didn't see until after I cooked the most recent spur. The screw holes for the screws that lock the rear bulkhead to the upper side of the chassis were split, allowing excess flex. I replaced the rear bulkhead/diff case and it seemed ok for a pretty hard session after that. However, the center was still a bit light even with 50/50 500K/1M oil in it, so I tore it down, cleaned it out and put 1M in it as well as replaced the o-rings with new ones. I had a HR steel spur on hand and installed that as well:

I also removed the HD CW arms on the front and went back to RPM. I also installed the stock shock skids/arm protectors and ditched the HD front sway bar because it was hitting stuff and causing it to not allow full extension. Could be because I'm using longer rod ends on the front shocks and would need to get the adjustable sway bar kit to use instead. Might look into that later if I can still run the skids on the arms with them.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 03-24-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Competitor
    As of now I have 42.5 and 40 losi weight oil and it feels way to light. It bottoms out from a 5 inch drop, I bought the tuneable traxxas pistons but I do not know how to tune pistons at all lol, does anyone have any recommendations for what pistons i should install that come in this pack TRA5461?

As of now I have 42.5 and 40 losi weight oil and it feels way to light. It bottoms out from a 5 inch drop, I bought the tuneable traxxas pistons but I do not know how to tune pistons at all lol, does anyone have any recommendations for what pistons i should install that come in this pack TRA5461?
    They are intended for the revo, so the holes are small. I drilled VDK pistons out 1/16" (smallest I had) and I'm running 70wt associated in them with VG springs. It does pretty good even with a 4S pack and 4074 motor/150A esc in it. It's a bit of a piggy. Could be a bit stiffer, but as it is, I get white flex marks on my RPM arms, so I'm probably at the limit of what they can handle for any duration.

RC Competitor
    With those traxxas pistons it say compatible with X01 which has the same GTR shocks. One other question, if I convert the front end with the XXl shocks and rear shock tower does that mean if i run Tekno M6 shafts I would have to buy the rear set instead of the front set?

RC Qualifier
    With those traxxas pistons it say compatible with X01 which has the same GTR shocks. One other question, if I convert the front end with the XXl shocks and rear shock tower does that mean if i run Tekno M6 shafts I would have to buy the rear set instead of the front set?
    No, I run teknos on my slash 4x4 with the rear shocks in the front and they work fine. The from and rear teknos are different, the front one is slightly longer at the end for the vehicle to steer, and it comes with the front axle carriers instead of the rear ones

RC Competitor
    I have the rear tekno shafts, I've heard that the front ones like to pop out because they are not long enough and I would imagine that having more travel would only promote that problem. Do your fronts shafts pop out constantly?

Yeah, I don't know either way. I run MIP X-Duty's on the front/rear.

Swapped the HPI Tork 4074 2200kv motor out with a fresher BLX 4074 2050kv motor that I had replaced the bearings in with ceramic hybrids:

Also put a better cooler on it with dual 30mm alloy framed fans. This thing is a beast on 4S!

My latest bash session:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6584060

RC Racer
    Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada-The Wet Coast!
    This is a really cool rig! Looking good!
    Slash 2WD Vision Edition
    200+ posts, here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I had fried a couple spurs since I went with 4S, not 100% sure it's the fault of the spur or the fact that I had damage I didn't see until after I cooked the most recent spur. The screw holes for the screws that lock the rear bulkhead to the upper side of the chassis were split, allowing excess flex. I replaced the rear bulkhead/diff case and it seemed ok for a pretty hard session after that. However, the center was still a bit light even with 50/50 500K/1M oil in it, so I tore it down, cleaned it out and put 1M in it as well as replaced the o-rings with new ones. I had a HR steel spur on hand and installed that as well:
    Well, my FLM center diff is toast and I can't find another cup anywhere in stock. All reviews on the integy one are bad, hot racing not much better... The FLM got so worn that the brand new gasket I just put in it under the top cap wriggled it's way out of the diff and I have a gooey mess.

So, I just spent $75 on the traxxas version, 6780: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PRYKKCH

If I had known it existed way back when I got the FLM cup, I would have just gone that route to begin with. I have to wait over a week I think for it to show up... so no slampede'ing this weekend.

Looking at the Hoss manual, it says it has 500K in the center diff from the factory. I'm not sure if that will be thick enough (or too thick) for me, but I guess I'll find out. If it's intended to be used with a 2400kv motor on 3S, I'm wondering if it's going to be too much for 2200 4074 motor on 4S... When I first started running 6S in my outcast, I had run it for a year with 500K in the center. With 500K and 6S, it was just a wheelie happy idiot. I had to drop it to 300K, then it was more manageable.

Maybe I'll start another thread asking about it to see if anyone has any insight.

New diff thread I made to discuss the 6780 diff:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...00kv&p=6587989

I caved and tore it back apart tonight then put associated 500K in the new diff. I heated it to about 250F so the 500K would settle in it more quickly then orange thread locked the screws, tightened it up and let it cool.

It's still super stiff. Will likely see how I it does tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12