RC poster

New to RC and Slash!

Just bought a 2wd brushed XL5. First RC car, as I always thought I was too old for one?
    However, in the spirit of the Sand Scorcher (which I always admired, but was too old back then) I've discarded the production body for a Proline Baja Bug! Excellent stuff! My son loves it, but it's a little too quick for him yet and maybe a little slow for me already?I
    Maybe I should have bought the brushless model?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugged Out View Post
    Just bought a 2wd brushed XL5. First RC car, as I always thought I was too old for one?
    However, in the spirit of the Sand Scorcher (which I always admired, but was too old back then) I've discarded the production body for a Proline Baja Bug! Excellent stuff! My son loves it, but it's a little too quick for him yet and maybe a little slow for me already?I
    Maybe I should have bought the brushless model?
    Rather than upgrading the truvk you have to brushless, buy a brushless truck and give you son the brushed setup, put it in training mode if it's too fast for him.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    That's crazy talk, but I like it! A justifiable expense, and another chance to release my inner artist, on another Proline Bug body.

RC poster
    Have to say, it's very impressive ripping around dusty gravel car parks and short grazed moorland. Rather disappointing on grass though? I've reversed the stock standard rear tyres and snipped every second tread pattern, achieving a slightly more paddle pattern. It has helped traction a little.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugged Out View Post
    Have to say, it's very impressive ripping around dusty gravel car parks and short grazed moorland. Rather disappointing on grass though? I've reversed the stock standard rear tyres and snipped every second tread pattern, achieving a slightly more paddle pattern. It has helped traction a little.
    Grass is tough, a lot of drag on the chassis even when freshly mowed. The only good time for driving on grass is when it's dormant during a drought.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I am an RC re-tread-
    When I was 13-16 I had a Tamaya Big Foot.

Couple months ago I picked up a Team Associates RC10T. Super inexpensive sort of like a gate way drug.
    I built a couple cool obstacles for it on the side yard.

Did some research and found the Traxxas Slash. So far I am super stoked.
    Building out the side yard to be a rad little playground. (Its a bit narrow for a full on track only 8 foot wide.

RC poster

This is it currently after just a couple of weeks!

It's taken a pounding in the skatepark (bowl tranfers) got gunked up the moors and a little salty on the beach!