Thread: Which model?

RC Qualifier

Which model?

Iím gonna buy a traxxas slash. Just wondering what model I should go with. Iíll be doing bashing and some racing. Iíve seen the reg. Slash 4x4, platinum, ultimate etc so which is a good platform to go with? What everyoneís opinion?

You want 2wd or 4wd? You posted in 2wd subforum.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Oh didn’t notice definitely 4x4.

RC Competitor
    Let your budget decide. I think each model is a worthwhile upgrade from the one below. However I also think buying the base and upgrading as you go is more fun. But it’s cheaper to buy in at the Ultimate level than to build an Ultimate from a lower model. The exception to this is the Platinum - if you KNOW you want an aftermarket radio then it’s the way to go, because in all the others you are buying a radio that you know will immediately replace.

RC Qualifier
    If I bought the platinum slash couldn’t I just buy a extra receiver for it and use my x maxx controller. Being ill never run them at the same time.

RC Qualifier
    Very very helpful thank you bmcd308.

RC poster
    If you want to build from scratch check out "Xtions" on ebay. They have custom black dyed chassis and parts and if you message them, they can custom build whatever you want