RC poster

Rustler XL-5 Chassis

Kid broke the chassis on the ol' 2wd Rusty -- the replacement part is 3722a with an optional 3722 part number. Anyone know what the difference between the two are?

Are there any aftermarket chassis' that are worth looking into?

Thanks!

RC Competitor

Rustler XL-5 Chassis

Color, just grey or black. As for a good after market chassis Ive used the Slice chassis and they work great. Their a little expensive but there light and really make the car handle like a dream.

Honestly though if your looking for something to just beat up with your kid, Id say stay stock. The stock chassis is fairly durable and cheap to replace. For the price of one Slice chassis you could buy six or more stock ones.

You also have the option of getting an aluminum one but they bend and weigh a lot... There not worth the extra weight or money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Sweet -- yeah, will be sticking with stock replacement in that case. Kiddo is still learning

Appreciate the info!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin1stral View Post
    Sweet -- yeah, will be sticking with stock replacement in that case. Kiddo is still learning
    I did a black main chassis and upper chassis swap on my Rustler VXL, and mounted a black and red XL5 Bandit body on it, it looks REALLY good especially if you have a black transmission case swap, and it's my go-to rig for playing around. I have built 4 FLM rustler/bandit builds but the black chassis one is the one seeing the most action
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 04-02-2019 at 10:55 PM.

RC Racer
    I don't know if they changed the black chassis from the original Rustler or not but the old chassis I had to get rid of the ridges inside to fit my batteries also the the grey chassis on the newer Rustlers have no ridges and have a cutout in the center for battery wires. All i am saying is be careful what chassis you buy unless they changed the 3722 chassis (you might have to cut or sand out ridges in the chassis to fit your batteries).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Igottabeme View Post
    I don't know if they changed the black chassis from the original Rustler or not but the old chassis I had to get rid of the ridges inside to fit my batteries also the the grey chassis on the newer Rustlers have no ridges and have a cutout in the center for battery wires. All i am saying is be careful what chassis you buy unless they changed the 3722 chassis (you might have to cut or sand out ridges in the chassis to fit your batteries).
    I checked my recent production 3722 black chassis and it has the connector wire relief cutout on the front side of the battery compartment just like the gray ones.

RC Qualifier
    I had to get rid of the ridges inside to fit my batteries also the the grey chassis on the newer Rustlers have no ridges and have a cutout in the center for battery wires.
    yeah, I had to cut those ridges out of my Dad's old Rustler, works fine though.

I've also broken a few stock plastic chassis on my Rustler, but it took some ridiculous abuse to make that happen. Not mad about those broken chassis at all. Think I've had 3 of them maybe on that truck over the past 2.5 years, which is well worth it.