RC Racer

Traxxas Link app comes up with VXL-8S firmware update for VXl-6S

So recently, and after the most recent 'true' firmware update for the VXL-6S in my E-Revo 2.0 VXL, the app now comes up with a message of an update being available for the VXL-8S, when connected to the E-Revo.

It's seemingly a 'false' update, as it's obviously a VXL-6S in the truck, but the message can't be clicked away and the VXL-6S will not arm until I restart VXL-6S, transmitter and the app.
    After the restart, the update message is not there anymore, truck runs fine, app works fine, until the next time's first powerup.

Note also the weird version '0.0.0 to 2.3.17'.
    There's even the 'Touch here to proceed with the firmware update' button, but I wouldn't dare to click it, fearing a bogus VXL-8S update to brick the VXL-6S.

App's on the most recent version, running on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 9.0 Pie.

Traxxas is looking into it, but it'll most likely be a wait until the next app update.

Any people out there having seen the same issue?
    Last edited by Tjon; 04-03-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    B/R JEREMY.

RCblog.nl Summit●ERevo2●X-MAXX●MAXX

Mine showed the same thing...I updated to the newest version...then next time I fired up the app, it kept telling me I had the VXL-8 update...but I too only have the VXL-6. I did the same as you and just skipped past it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjon View Post
    So recently, and after the most recent 'true' firmware update for the VXL-6S in my E-Revo 2.0 VXL, the app now comes up with a message of an update being available for the VXL-8S, when connected to the E-Revo.

It's seemingly a 'false' update, as it's obviously a VXL-6S in the truck, but the message can't be clicked away and the VXL-6S will not arm until I restart VXL-6S, transmitter and the app.
    After the restart, the update message is not there anymore, truck runs fine, app works fine, until the next time's first powerup.

Note also the weird version '0.0.0 to 2.3.17'.
    There's even the 'Touch here to proceed with the firmware update' button, but I wouldn't dare to click it, fearing a bogus VXL-8S update to brick the VXL-6S.

App's on the most recent version, running on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 9.0 Pie.

Traxxas is looking into it, but it'll most likely be a wait until the next app update.

Any people out there having seen the same issue?

Not sure why their is so many issues with their electronics. I installed then TQI Bluetooth and upgraded the firmware causing me Rx to take a dump. Got a new RX from Traxxas. All is well so far. I bought a additional unit for my XMaxx but not sure what it am doing with that truck, brand new trade my Yeti XL for it.

Time will tell. Good luck.

So mine is still doing this and now wont let me skip past it...so I can no longer use my app at the moment. Called Traxxas...they said they are aware of it. Said to restart my phone and restart the truck and transmitter. Did this still didnt fix it. Was told to delete and reinstall app....still didnt fix it. Soooo now im stuck. Any ideas of how to force past this app issue?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    So mine is still doing this and now wont let me skip past it...so I can no longer use my app at the moment. Called Traxxas...they said they are aware of it. Said to restart my phone and restart the truck and transmitter. Did this still didnt fix it. Was told to delete and reinstall app....still didnt fix it. Soooo now im stuck. Any ideas of how to force past this app issue?
    Maybe a relink with the receiver and transmitter?
    Not that I want/dare to try, but I am actually curious what happens when you allow it to perform that "VXL-8S" update it proposes.

Other than that I am afraid we've no choice but to wait for the next app update, solving this, and hopefully also adding a way of calibrating the inclinometer to match your specific vehicle setup and orientation.
    B/R JEREMY.

RCblog.nl Summit●ERevo2●X-MAXX●MAXX

When I deleted the app, I had to re-link. Still didnt get rid of the VXL-8 update. I stayed up last night tinkering and finally got it to skip past that screen....but the update is still pending. Like you said Jeremy, probably gonna have to wait for next update.