RC Enthusiast

5th night with my Slash

Hey all. Just got a used Slash for my son on Saturday. We've been driving it so much it gets dark too soon. No problem now.

I had some leftover LED strips and used a 9v battery.

https://youtu.be/1ibtfnQB3t0

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Lookin good. I like the lights. Gonna need some new tires soon
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    Lookin good. I like the lights. Gonna need some new tires soon
    Thanks. Already looking at tires. LHS doesn't have a huge selection. Any suggestions? I like the https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...ck-wheels.asplstreet fighter tires for on road.

Will those ones also for the front? I can't seem to find ones there that do.

RC Enthusiast
    Took it out tonight to an empty lot with grass and tons of hills. I now know why you guys call it bashing. Everytime my kid rolled it I winced. No damage at all. Ran 2 packs thru it. That never would have happened with my helicopters. I would have had a repair bill in the $100's. Lol

In loving this so far. Now I gotta get one so the kid doesn't have to give me a turn.

Ive never used street fighters but I would like to try them out. Im sure theyd be a great choice for driving on pavement. A cheaper option is duratrax bandito. If you get one for yourself definitly go brushless
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    Ive never used street fighters but I would like to try them out. Im sure theyd be a great choice for driving on pavement. A cheaper option is duratrax bandito. If you get one for yourself definitly go brushless
    Good to know. I'll check them out. We just went off roading so I've been watching monster Slash conversion videos. The new problem is that o want an RC now and don't want to dump money into both. Also my kid still uses training mode so I'm wondering of I even need to go brushless on it at this point.

Any suggestions for a 4x4?

My slash was converted to a monster slash (my avatar). With 2.8 badlands and the hcg chassis the truck drives very nicely thru grass which is what I was going for. The slash 4x4 is a very nice truck. I used to have two. Completely different than a 2wd. Ive been thinking about getting a 4x4 1/16 e-revo but I personally feel like the 2wd is more fun since you can slide it around wheres the 4x4 goes exactly where you point it. If you want a monster truck I would convert a 4x4 slash before getting a 4x4 stampede. Plenty pf people love them but the wheelbase is too short for my likeing.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Great information. That sounds like a great route to go!!

RC Competitor
    I use the proline street fighters on RPM revolver wheels and I love them.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn