RC poster

2.0 Pinion and Spur ????

Hey guys need some advice on my 2.0
    I wanna run a 18 tooth / 46 tooth spur pinion

Will I have problems with my motor over heating
    On 6s.

I just want that little extra power from stock.

Is it worth it or just leave it stock already??

Iím in Florida so hot all the time do u recommend a cooling fan for the motor as well???
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Im on that gearing and get away with it in the UK. Maybe try a 17t pinion first

RC Racer
    I'm on that gearing also, and currently even settled on that gearing as 'all around' for 50/50 onroad/offroad on 6S, going back and forth between stock Talon EXT's and Pro-Line Trencher X's.

ESC has yet to thermal on me, however, I once got the motor to 90*C (194 *F), so I did add the Castle Creations Blower cooling fan, and the motor temperature dropped to about 60*F (140*F) running hard.

Problems would be the runtime: it's a power hungry truck, and on 6S on 18/46, runtime on 6S 5200 mAh 35C packs is about 10 minutes of hard running, before it cuts to 50% power, having dipped to a voltage where first stage LVC kicks in.
    Could be the batteries though, have some new 7000 mAh's 45C packs coming in for further testing.

Also: self righting wouldn't be a good idea on this gearing on 6S, with your diffs and the tire ballooning in mind.
    B/R JEREMY.

RCblog.nl Summit●ERevo2●X-MAXX●MAXX

RC poster
    I think I’m gonna keep it stock. I already just received a new motor and Esc from traxxas as my stock motor overheated. So nervous the 18/46 might make it overheat quicker then stock for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Gtviper21 View Post
    I think Iím gonna keep it stock. I already just received a new motor and Esc from traxxas as my stock motor overheated. So nervous the 18/46 might make it overheat quicker then stock for sure
    My opinion is it would overheat for sure if you run it hard. I've gotten the stock motor up in the upper 220's before on stock gearing. If you have a very mild driving style you might be able to get away with it. A fan and good heat sink could also make it doable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk