RC Competitor

New to revo's. Lots of questions about part compatibility in the model line.

Hello, been into traxxas models since my childhood (13 years ago) and have many models but this is my first revo. I beleive the used rc I have is a older 2.5 nitro model. I got it after it was converted to electric a year ago and untill now it was just a car that had to much power and would flip over alot from the wheelies.

Well I recently discovered the fact that the 3.3 had a extended chassis and after reading alot of the content on that I started the conversion last night. All is well with that, got the chassis and longer drive shaft and I'll make something up for the steering link when I get there. I'm hoping this round of upgrades will turn this truck into the basher I hoped it would be.

During the tear down I noticed the center diff is well...not a diff at all which probably has alot to do with my wheelie issue. I also noticed I had a cracked upper rear arm as well as the last time it ran I snapped an axle when my buddy ran into the car while it was on its lid.

I have been sitting here on at the PC staring at part list and exploded veiws and comparing aftermarket part numbers for cross referance but with 2.5, 3.3, erevo, and erevo 2.0 part numbers flying around I caved and decide to just ask for help.

So. My hopefully simple questions are what below will fit my 2.5 revo model?

1. Are there differences between nitro arms at all? and are the erevo 1.0 arms still the same? what about the erevo 2.0. I know the part numbers are different but with other models in traxxas that does not mean they wont fit. If all arms are the same, what would be my strongest plastic options for bashing.

2. What changes have been made to axle design? I'm still running the fat plastic ones. What would you suggest for upgrade? Would all axles for any revo fit? Assuming the 6mm diff stubs are still the same across the whole lineup. I already have HR 17mm adapaters for the threaded style axles so going to the new stlye with no threads for a wheel nut would require me to buy traxxas 17mm hubs.

3. Looking at the exploded veiws, I dont see an option for a center diff from traxxas? It this true?

4. Can I discuss MIP products? I know the fourm rules have changed in regards to selling non traxxas parts but can you still discuss other brand parts?

I'm also fitting a TA nomad caged body onto the revo so if that interest you stick around for pictures.

2 p2des, Original 4tec, custom crawler, Electric 2.5 revo, slash, UDR, DBXL.

1. No difference between nitro arms at all. Much of the first-edition Revo will work but with the 2.0 not much.

2. No changes to axle design. You could go with something else if you'd like or if you want something stronger consider the Summit axles.

3. You'll have to look at the exploded views of the 5304 Platinum Revo. They still make the CD but you'll need tranny case as well as the rear brake kit.

4. You can discuss MIP on how it will fit to the truck but you cannot ask about product support. You've never been able to sell non-Traxxas on this site.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    3. You'll have to look at the exploded views of the 5304 Platinum Revo. They still make the CD but you'll need tranny case as well as the rear brake kit.
    Would I still need the rear brake kit if I'm electric converted? All my braking is done by the motor.

Did you lock the transmission in 2nd gear?
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by swagon_wagon View Post
    Would I still need the rear brake kit if I'm electric converted? All my braking is done by the motor.
    No. You don't need the brakes at all if the trans is locked into second gear.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    Interesting, I know very little about multi gear transmissions. So the idea that motor brakes only work in second gear is odd. I'm sure it just has to do with the auto shifting feature would be very confused.

Here a quick mock up with the front body mounts in there final location.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

There is a one-way bearing in the transmission. If you don't lock it then the gears on the wheel side will free-wheel whereas the top-side gears will be stopped. You need to remove the first gear and lock it into second. There's a thread referencing it about a week or two old here.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Yea I just read that actually. Lots to learn here with this conversion. Didn't think I had to read up on it since it is already completed. If the truck is still a flipshow I'll look into swapping to a center diff. Doesn't seem to hard. Just got to figure out what trans I have.

RC Competitor
    Fully back together and 30mm longer! Handles 4s power much better now. Got summit axles on order as soon as I break another stocker.

My rockers are labeled long travel? And chance a rocker change could firm up the ride? Or just up the oil weight? No idea what's in there or what is normal for revos.

Also got the ta nomad db8 cage mounted up. Looks absolutely great. Well it did untill after one run....sadly this hobby is not for shelf queens.

Last picture is before I swapped in slayer bumpers which round out the look better in my opinion as well as add more protection.

LT rockers are the softest. I run progressive 2's with the VDK #2 in all 4 shocks and 60wt oil. Springs are mostly for shock rebound/ride height. The rockers, oil weight and shock piston control the damping.
    Expert rigging at it's best!