RC Enthusiast

Just picked this up... hopefully

Hey guys. Bought my son a 2wd Slash last week used. Bought some lipos and it has been a blast. The worst part is is that he won't let me have a turn. I have a birthday coming up but of course we're on a budget. Then I found this on eBay. It sounds too good to be true but they have a money back guarantee so why not?

A new BL Slash 4x4 up here is $550+tax. I just bought this for $90cad. I'm hoping it's worth it but I am new to this hobby (been flying helis for years). Any tips/suggestions/warnings/advice?

I really wanted to get a BL 4wd but still wanted a Slash so my son is happy that we have the "same truck". I'll just be feathering the throttle (if this whole eBay sale works out).

Item Description:
    "Traxxas 4x4 Slash 1/10 RC Short Course Brushless Truck AS-IS . Condition is Used.
    Got this in a bundle a couple years ago. It was missing the transmitter, receiver, and servo. I put those in so now it is complete and those are basically new as I only used it a couple times. I do not have a battery to test it as mine are dead but last time I used it it worked flawlessly.
    Body is pretty beat up and so are the mounting posts along with wear on some of the plastic parts. Besides that its a great car, I just don't use it"

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113710524369

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by t_dogg80; 04-07-2019 at 11:33 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if it runs that's a pretty good deal.... plan on rebuilding it at the minimum though

Yea good deal if it works. Honestly though for the price it doesnt matter if it works. The rolling chassis would be worth it for that price. Looks like it has the 4 pole setup with a sabox 0231 so thats good. My experience with that radio though is that it has horrible range
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

For the price, you can't beat it. It actually has the older two pole motor system. It will work just fine. That 8s the exact same motor system I have in my newest Ultimate edition. You may want to get a TQi with Bluetooth transmitter eventually. I would run it until it breaks and fix it after it happens.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Oh yea that is the 2 pole. Thought I saw the capacitors on top of the esc. Either way still a great deal. Ive been looking for a nice 4x4 roller but people still want $200 (usd) for ones that are pretty beat up
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Just so everyone knows I already got my money back. I emailed eBay that day to tell them. They acted very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by t_dogg80 View Post
    Just so everyone knows I already got my money back. I emailed eBay that day to tell them. They acted very fast.

What happened? What was wrong that you wanted your money back?
    "Theres not bad people, just bad choices."

Yeah we missed a step somewhere. Please explain.

Yea. We all did miss something. Whats up? What went wrong so we all can be aware.

RC Enthusiast
    Someone showed me that this item was sold 3 times that day. I let ebay know and they cancelled and ordered a refund right away.

Someone showed me that this item was sold 3 times that day. I let ebay know and they cancelled and ordered a refund right away.

That's sad you can't trust people now adays. Thank God for Ebay's 100% money back guaranteed. So what are you going to do now since that fell through?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFTCHX View Post
    That's sad you can't trust people now adays. Thank God for Ebay's 100% money back guaranteed. So what are you going to do now since that fell through?
    I went and bought myself this.