RC poster

Traxxas Accessory Port Wiring

Hello mates,

I want to install an OBA system and a FPV on my UDR, but I donīt want to make a mess with the original electronics, cutting cabling.

So I thought that maybe they can be powered up from the VXL-6S ESC, like the HVPA that I currently have connected to the Accessory Port, but Iīm unable to find the wiring diagram of this port and Iīm afraid of connecting nothing before ensuring how it works.

Anyone have a clue, or any suggestion on how to power them?

I have found people who have connected them cutting the ESC power input cables, but that means that they will be on as soon as you connect the battery unless you install a secondary power switch.

RC poster
    Hello. I hope my answer can help a bit. I'm not sure about the FPV, but today I made an adapter so I could plug in to the Battery slot on the receiver to power my OBA system. It worked amazingly well. I'm so happy that it's that easy. My OBA speakers are mounted under each driver using Command Strips and rubber bands for extra support.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAdam View Post
    Hello. I hope my answer can help a bit. I'm not sure about the FPV, but today I made an adapter so I could plug in to the Battery slot on the receiver to power my OBA system. It worked amazingly well. I'm so happy that it's that easy. My OBA speakers are mounted under each driver using Command Strips and rubber bands for extra support.
    Many thanks JustAdam, If itīs able to power up the OBA, I think it could be also able power up the FPV, as the OBA consumption is higher. You give me a great idea, I really apprecciate your contribution.