Thread: Udr oba

RC poster

Udr oba

Hey guys new here and newer to rc car stuff si ce i was a kid .. i have a udr with light kits some other upgrades i have a oba set up out of a slash i had looking to figure out how to hook it up if possible ??

RC poster
    Kmc, I'm working on the same thing. My UDR is on it's way to my house still but I have the OBA system already. I saw a video in German of a guy connecting one that was really good. He was saying you need a power supply for the OBA, I guess the UDR's ESC doesn't have the wiring already set up. When I get my UDR I'll get back with you.

RC poster
    Im doing the same with my UDR. I found a thread (old) where someone connected the XMAXX 6s with OBA and had to tap power direclty from the ESC red/black power leads. The post also mentioned that the OBA module will not work with 6V rx power as it needs to be fed the same power coming directly from the battery so that the OBA power unit seen the same power as the ESC.

I will be soldering a JST female connector leads to the Red and black mains and cross my fingers.

RC poster
    Im also working on it, but there is no way to use the Traxxas Accessory Port of the VXL-6S ? , this is suppose to give 10A at 6V, what I think must be enought to power up the OBA, but Im unable to find the wiring of this port.
    I have seen what you mentioned bjjames2013, but I dont like to make cuts on ESC wires.

RC poster
    I made an adapter to power mine off the Battery slot on the receiver, it works great. The speakers are under each driver. I used Command Strips to hang the speakers and more Command Strip hooks so I could use large rubber bands for added support for the speakers

RC Competitor
    Post some pics......been wanting to do this to mine for a while.

RC poster
    For those who want to install the OBA on UDR, I have designed a mounting for 3D printing, you can find it on thingiverse with some pictures of the result. Traxxas OBA mount for UDR.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3904098

I hope this could help you to get the best results.