RC poster

Mini slash VS mini Merv

I love my mini erevo, but I have the issue of flipping over a ton when you turn remotely to hard on concrete.
    Ive considered either trying to lower the ride height and make the merv handle better for concrete racing, or consider getting a slash instead.
    How different is ride height of the slash compared to the merv? The slash also has shorter A arms so is less wide, which would make it flip easier. How easy does the slash flip in comparison to the merv?
    Any input would be great, thank you!

For lowering the ride height of the merv ive considered trying to widen the car with these:
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/GPM-Alu-Hex-...oAAOSwt4xaXGmf

As well as putting the slash push rods on it to lower the height (traxxas 7018)

Have you tried softer springs or less preload?

The mini slash rolls waaay more than the Merv... You really have to slow down before you even think of turning on a grippy surface.
    Last edited by czlynx; 04-08-2019 at 09:05 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by czlynx View Post
    Have you tried softer springs or less preload?

The mini slash rolls waaay more than the Merv... You really have to show down before you even think of turning on a grippy surface.
    Good to know.. Have never driven a mini slash so really dont know how it handles. I have tried lowering preload but im currently running 40wt oil, saw some people recommend more like 80-100, would you agree?

You could install a sway bar kit from hot-racing on your merv. I put one on mine and it handles a lot better.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132738086736

I used the red set of bars on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC Racer
    I have the slash and it rolls over very easily. Ive always wanted to try the revo instead thinking the wider set up would be way better for not rolling over. Don’t try a slash if your thinking it would be better for not rolling over. I would try sway bars on it. I think that could help control the roll of the super soft suspension of the revo slashes. I put them on my revo 3.3 nitro and it does help. I don’t think Traxxas makes sway bars for the 1/16 scale revo but I’ve found aftermarket versions on eBay. Just search 1/16 revo sway bars on eBay and they should come up.

I'll usually just run 30 WT fluid and it can corner tons better than the mini. slash.

I don't know if higher wt fluid will help on corners or not on a sticky surface. I feel like it might just promote slower travel and cause traction roll quicker.

Something to test!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by czlynx View Post
    I'll usually just run 30 WT fluid and it can corner tons better than the mini. slash.

I don't know if higher wt fluid will help on corners or not on a sticky surface. I feel like it might just promote slower travel and cause traction roll quicker.

Something to test!
    This was my thinking too... Though ive seen in several spots that anyone racing a mini Erevo goes with 80-100wt oil, im not too sure of the reasoning for it though.

RC poster
    Has anyone tried installing mini slash push rods on a mini erevo? I believe it would lower the ride height significantly without limiting shock travel, which is what im interested to see.
    Even putting smaller springs on the shocks and loosening the preload all the way just makes the car droopier, and thus lowers ride height, but that still limits the shock travel as its own weight compresses the springs. similar to the zip tie method or putting tubing in the shocks, most people saying limiting the shocks isnt best

Things that worked for me:

1) Hot Racing Sway Bar Kit
    https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=VXS311X01;c=455

2) Heavier Shock Oil
    Test test test what works for you on your driving surface

and

3) Trigger Finger
    Train yourself to slow down a bit before turning...

Good luck and have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein