RC Racer

E-Revo 2.0 VXL shock rod ends ... a different part?

I broke a shock during some heavy jumping, rear left shock rod end tore off clean from the treaded piston end, losing the spring retainer in the progress (flew into the abyss).

Easy fix (you'd think), so I got both TRX5462 and 5465 shock rebuild kits, the first containing the rod ends and the second the shock retainers.

Then it appears that the rod ends included in the TRX5462 kit are slightly different when compared to the stock ones on the E-Revo 2.0 VXL, the stock ones looking sturdier and "toughened up" and foremost: the bottom part is made slimmer with an edging on top of that slimmer part, so that the spring retainer can fit in, and is stopped by that edge.

The rod ends in TRX5462 however are the same diameter throughout, without edging, causing the spring retainer sit lower (simply below the bottom of the rod end), causing the entire shock assembly to be slightly longer than the rest. Just 'cramming'/forcing the spring retainer over the slightly thicker rod end bottom a bit works however, and then the shocks are the same length. Still, it bothers me.

Isn't there a part number for the exact same stock E-Revo 2.0 VXL shock rod end?

• In the picture below you can see the stock (torn off) one right, the TRX5462 one on the left:

B/R JEREMY.

RCblog.nl Summit●ERevo2●X-MAXX●MAXX

I ran I to this exact issue! I kept looking to buy the 2.0 ends and everyone wanted to sell me the og ends. I think it's a running change, so while it's the same part number the design is different.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    Ok, I ordered another #5462 (I like to stockpile on some cheaper parts) and guess what...

...Funniest thing: that set IS the 'new style' E-Revo 2.0 VXL shock rod ends:

So, no idea how you're supposed to get them, since obviously there's the originals and the newer ones being carried under the same part number.
    I guess it's best to ask your dealer to make a picture of the actual item to show you, before purchase, when buying online?
    B/R JEREMY.

RCblog.nl Summit●ERevo2●X-MAXX●MAXX

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Or doesn’t RPM make rods end for 2.0 shock shafts?

RC Qualifier
    Just buy alloy shock ends. I run yeah racing ones. Cost me about $6 from RC Mart