Thread: Prices

RC Competitor

Prices

Hi,
    Well I’ve been out of the obsession for a while now (about 4 years)
    just getting back into now and rebuilding one of my cars.
    Holy I can’t believe the prices on some of the things that I brought back in the day.

The car that I’m rebuilding it’s now got 17mm hexes since that photo

I built the purple one for my daughter (hence the colour) out of spares I had laying around but she don’t use it so I have claimed it

• Bypassing the Language Filter. If you have to insert spaces or symbols in a word because the language filter blocks it, you should not be using that word here. (Warning points: 5)
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-11-2019 at 09:48 PM.

The price of things keep going up. People keep buying them. Trust me, in 2010 the price of the Slash 4x4 was a lot cheaper than it is now. The new Ultimate edition is $499.00 which is close to $100.00 less than the model it replaced.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

If you adjust for inflation the prices are actually getting lower but yeah I know higher numbers are scary.

Its crazy to me some of the prices I see people paying. The price for any used vehicle on eBay is just shy of the what the new price is. And people are buying them. I sold two 4x4 slash’s in 2017 thinking I was getting out of the hobby and Im so mad now lol
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

It is crazy because inflation hurts income and raises prices. It is a double edged sword of bullpucky.

RC Competitor
    Yeah I canít believe it Iíve needed a few parts here and there....but the prices seem to be outrages compared to years ago, people talk about inflation (and I agree) but everything seems to be going up except our wages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Believe it or not, you actually need inflation, else people are incentivized NOT to spend money. Money needs to be worth more today than tomorrow, else it would be better not to spend money. And people spending money is what drives the economy.

Back to prices on Traxxas stuff, their prices were going up and up, but I think competition has caused them to lower their prices recently.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos