RC Racer

High-Voltage Power Amplifier with 'normal' led lights?

I like the concept of the High-Voltage Power Amplifier providing 'clean' and dedicated power for lighting, and moreover the ability to control its output channels remotely via the Traxxas Link app.

However, I also do like the led lighting I already have installed in the front and rear, consisting of 6V leds (custom solution by murat rc from Poland).

So I was wondering if I could combine those two, provided that all the switching and controlling is done inside the Power Amplifier only.
    In that case it would (theoretically) work to isolate the positive and negative from one of those four (ABCD) channels, and have a connector that fits in there.

But most important: you'd need to know the output voltage of the Power Amplifier, and since it's a High-Voltage" one, I am afraid it's more than 6V, and that would fry my installed murat rc leds.

I hope someone can tell me if there's just a simple positive and negative pin in A, B, C and D to use, and what the output voltage is.
    Thanks in advance!

B/R JEREMY.

RCblog.nl Summit●ERevo2●X-MAXX●MAXX

I'd keep both separate. If I couldn't do that, then I'd use one or the other.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    Hi anyone resolved this question? I too am thinking about adding the amp to power my current murat rc lights. Other option is to add a bec to reduce the lipo voltage and connect the lights to a remote control box, but where is the best place to tap into the current. I also want to add a brake light feature.

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Hey guys, new to the forum, I was also looking for the voltage output but couldn't find anything online. So I tested it with a multi-meter. I got 14 volts. I have a set of led strip lights ordered for underglow, It says operating voltage is 9 - 15 volts. I'll try plugging them into the spare slot on the amplifier and let you know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Streetthunder View Post
    Hi anyone resolved this question? I too am thinking about adding the amp to power my current murat rc lights. Other option is to add a bec to reduce the lipo voltage and connect the lights to a remote control box, but where is the best place to tap into the current. I also want to add a brake light feature.

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk
    They have led kits that run off rx voltage and the throttle and steering gives you blinkers and brake lights. I'm not understanding what OP or your wanting to do or what that amp is/does but if wanting lights with braking and blinker features no need to reinvent the wheel just buy a led kit with those options in it. Their like $25. I have a video in stampede section of working light kit. Or just make your own battery tap if want brighter leds than the stock rx voltage which I've done on speedrunner for strip of leds to light up under whole body.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Last edited by Briber; Today at 12:19 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...