RC poster

Wheel stutter/wobble problems.

The front and back wheels wobble/stutter really badly on sand/ice on high throttle. This also happens on high speed runs on asphalt, thought then its mostly the front wheels the stutter/wobble.

How can i fix this problem, everything is stock and i have checked that the wheel nuts are tightened good.

I've had a problem like that with my 1999 p2de, it was so old and used that when I went to replace the wheel bushings they literally shattered as I pulled them out. Before I did that and replaced them, the wheels would wobble like crazy, and not even at high speeds! I couldn't even get to top speed... They aren't very wobbly anymore.
    Last edited by Sp2deSummit; 04-12-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: bushings, not bearings
    I like free stuff!

RC poster
    Well, my rustler only has like 20 runs on it, so it isnt very worn yet.
    Its really hard to keep it stable at top speed.

RC Competitor
    I'm far from the expert here (having had RC cars for all of 3 months now), but what is the chance that the wheels/tires are out of balance due to getting some water in there?

I ask since you mention running on Ice. I found that after running in the snow and ice, the wheels would be packed full of snow. Running the car in that condition would force water thru the small 'air bleed' holes on the inside of the wheel. That water would then "pool" somewhat while running, causing the imbalance.

Simply taking the wheels off and squeezing out the water helped, but it was a long process (as the foams that are on the inside of the tire that help hold it's shape, also seemed to trap the water somewhat). I eventually ended up purchasing some syringes (like these: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg ) to try and suck the water out.

Other folks have suggested 'venting' the outside of the tire to allow the water to escape, and that seems like it's probably the smart move if ya run in wet/snow type conditions regularly (tho I've yet to do that to mine).

So... please keep in mind my lack of experience, and realize that this advice is likely worth what ya paid for it ;-) --BillJ

RC poster
    Not sure if it helped but the tires were completely full of water, thank you so much for the help! Going to run it soon to see.

RC Competitor
    Asmoww:
    If getting most/some of the water out of the tires helped, the March 25th post in this thread (by Olds97_lss) might help in creating the 'venting' holes that I mentioned earlier:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ht=holes+tires

Good Luck, and let us know how ya made out. Thanks --BillJ

I put 4 small holes in every tire I use. I use a leather hole punch and do it before assembling if they aren't pre-glued. If they are pre-glued I just press the tire against the rim. Most people just use a drill and a small bit but make sure it is sharp. The less tearing the better. Place the holes at 3, 6, 9, 12 as they are on a clock face right on the centerline in the tread. This way all you have to do is hold up the vehicle and balloon the tires and the water gets flung out pretty fast. In most cases they will shed the water while driving.

RC poster
    Ty yall for the help! I wont be running in wet conditions for a while, since all the snow has melted already.

RC poster
    Just ran the truck and it was so much better than earlier, again thanks for the help