RC poster

Should I upgrade?

So I have a 2WD Slash, and I got it 2-3 years ago and now I知 wanting to upgrade to a 4x4 Slash, or maybe a rustler. So I知 just wondering if I should sell my current RC to help pay for a new one, or what. Or if you have any suggestions for what I should get (I have like a $475CAD max budget) let me know.

I can't suggest owning a 4x4 more because I won't buy anything but 4x4s. I don't think you should get rid of the 2WD tho. I still own my first 2WD because it is always fun to go out and tear up some rubber in a rear wheel drive muscle truck. I think it is still useful for street use and nice to have as a back up truck while the main 4x4 is down waiting for parts.

As for which 4x4 to get is up to what you want to do with it. I like the longer chassis of the Slash 4x4 so it is harder to wheelie. If you like stunts the Rustle 4x4 is a nice choice. If you are more for rough off-road maybe the Stampede 4x4 is more for you.

Slash 4x4 Brushed: https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Slash...gateway&sr=8-4

Slash 4x4 Ultimate: https://www.amazon.com/Slash-4X4-Ult...gateway&sr=8-3

Not sure how they equate to CDN. The Ultimate does offer huge savings over buying the Brushed and upgrading to the Ultimate.
    Last edited by zedorda; 04-12-2019 at 03:50 PM.

RC poster
    Ok. I’d probably go with the slash, because I drive my 2WD on the street, grass, snow, dirt and homemade ramps and it works good so I’ll probably just get the 4x4 slash. Or maybe the stampede, but I’ve never considered it.

RC Competitor
    I think the 2WD Slash is the best, most fun model TRX makes. I think the Slash 4x4 (I have several) is a great truck, too, but I would not let go of a Sl2sh to get a Sl4sh. Troll the bay or letgo or FB Marketplace for a used one, but keep your Sl2sh also.

Edited to add: I don't think it's fair to call a 4x4 Slash an "upgrade." It's a completely different truck. It is great in its own way, but it's not a Sl2sh with a different transmission. It is way better at certain things, but (IMO) less fun to drive. You need both.
    Last edited by BMcD308; 04-15-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcD308 View Post
    I don't think it's fair to call a 4x4 Slash an "upgrade." It's a completely different truck. It is great in its own way, but it's not a Sl2sh with a different transmission. It is way better at certain things, but (IMO) less fun to drive. You need both.
    I agree with this. I used to have a few slash 4x4’s are they are awesome in their on way but they can get boring. The traction is too good. I am looking for a used 4x4 slash but you need both since they drive completely different than one another. Even if you want a monster truck, get the slash over the stampede and put bigger tires on it.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I'd hang onto the 2wd. There seems to be a pretty low resale on them. People think a new one is better than a higher priced modded used truck.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I bought a used Slash 2wd 3 weeks ago. I just bought a Slash 4x4 VXL to compliment it. They're both fun in different ways. Keep the 2wd. Lots of good used 4x4 VXLs on Facebook Traxxas and RC groups. There's a Canada specific one that have had a few good ones lately. I couldn't wait and bought new, but you can grab a used one for under $400cad.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsonD View Post
    Ok. I壇 probably go with the slash, because I drive my 2WD on the street, grass, snow, dirt and homemade ramps and it works good so I値l probably just get the 4x4 slash. Or maybe the stampede, but I致e never considered it.
    My first Traxxas was a 4x4 Stampede. Thought it was great but hated the wheelies all the time.
    Next was a 2wd Slash, a lot of fun but 2wd does have its limitations. Even does wheelies at higher speeds which looks cool but the fun wears off quick.
    Last is the 4x4 Slash. By far my favorite. does more than the 2wd (no wheelies) and can go almost everywhere the Stampede does.
    If only I'd have known when I bought the first I could have saved several hundred dollars. But I won't sell either of the other two. The return would be horrible and you never know when you might want to use one of them.

Ask around, maybe the local hobby store has something you can try out before spending the money. Always worth asking!
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd