RC Enthusiast

Slash metal Hexes offset??

I am running a Slash 2wd LCG setupand would like to upgrade the front arms to Rpm offset so I can use same front and back.. My main issues was I as looking to get metal hexes from STRC, but should I use the Rustler/ Slash set or Slash 4x4 as the arms are equal now ??
    Rpm comes with a plastic hex but was sure if it would make the front and back the same ???

Thanks

Are you sure the RPM compensating arms come with hexes? I thought they didn't, in which case you would still use Slash 2WD hexes.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    To start off, the 2wd Slash has different offset wheels in the front and rear. The front wheels will stick out wider than the rear wheels if you put them on the rear, and the rear wheels will be too narrow if used on the front. The 2wd Slash ALSO has different length wheel hexes. As you can see, the hexes in the front are gray, and are longer than the rear, which are black. the offset compensating a arms will compensate only for the offset in the wheels, not the wheel hexes as well. This allows you to use the exact same wheels on the front and the rear. (Currently, you have two specific front wheels and two specific rear wheels) I dont know why Traxxas used a different offset of wheels AS WELL AS different length wheel hexes in the front compared to the rear, but they did.

So in the end, by upgrading to the RPM arms, you still need to use the stock wheel hexes/STRC wheel hexes made for the 2wd. But note: by running the offset compensating arms, you need to run the same offset wheels all around in order to remain in the stock dimensions. (this means you cant use your stock front wheels because they will be too wide)

Does this make sense? It can be a little confusing at first. ALSO, wheel hexes are not included with the a arms from RPM. (At least they weren't when I purchased them a little bit ago, and I doubt that they started throwing them in)

RC Qualifier
    My experience was a little different. I have the offset compensating A-arms from RPM but I did it a couple years ago but I remember the instructions pointing out that the hexs had to the be the same to have equal width front to back. Because the A-arms made the width equal before hexs. I currently have all 4 with the thick grey hex and my stock wheels from my Slash Platinum and have 11.5" width front and back. Which is about 5-6mm narrower than stock but I think that is the 4x4 offset stock wheels would likely get the 5-6mm back.

P.S. I measured the track width at the top and bottom of the wheels to make sure the camber wasn't screwing the measurements.

RC Qualifier
    I have had some of the RPM offset compensating arms come with "starfish" shaped hexes but i don't know what they fit.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Ahh correct, they did come with starfish hexes but I as well do not know the use of them...

Check out this thread here. They talk about the a arms:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ide-front-arms
    Anza Sla2h
    Stock Sla2h
    RJ Speed Legend

RC Qualifier
    RPM makes wheels that use these "spline drive" pieces they package with the comp. arms. I remember reading somewhere about these coming out, found them on their site. Might have to see if they have them in the "Protrac" offset.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all info guys ��
    I already placed the order for the RPM offset arms and Normal 2wd hexes so I will see how they fit and worst case I out them them up for sale ..

RC Qualifier
    I see all the time people slam the RPM arms as being too soft and flexible. Consider buying the Pro-line Protrac arms, they accomplish the same thing as the RPM offset compensating a arms but in my opinion are stiffer and stronger than even the stock Slash arms.

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I see all the time people slam the RPM arms as being too soft and flexible. Consider buying the Pro-line Protrac arms, they accomplish the same thing as the RPM offset compensating a arms but in my opinion are stiffer and stronger than even the stock Slash arms.

I agree with this, although you have to buy the whole set as well as turnbuckles, new wheels, etc.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    I agree with this, although you have to buy the whole set as well as turnbuckles, new wheels, etc.
    It just depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I've lengthened the stock steering and camber links with no problem and using 4x4 wheels front and rear doesn't add a whole lot more width unless you want to keep it ROAR legal. How many out there race Slashes in ROAR events other than a box stock class? One other option is the new Traxxas arms i've heard of that are stronger than stock. Not arguing, just putting my 2 cents in.

RC Qualifier
    I have compared the Protrac arms with the RPM o. c. a.'s and they are identical in dimensions from pivot pin to pivot pin. So i hope this clears up any misconception. I got a used Pro2 chassis where they sanded about half of the front and rear arms away and they were still pretty stiff. I'm assuming they did it to lighten it up for class racing.