Thread: Servo headaches

RC poster

Servo headaches

I'm new to this forum and a newby to the rc world. Can anyone give me some insight as to why my new merv shreds the servo gears in less then 2 full runs? Using the nihm battery that came with it and only rpm front arms for upgrades. I've got thru 2 servos and 5 packs of gears. I just put a savox servo in it but now it turns very wide to the point of ridiculousness. But has full left/right at a stand still or VERY low speeds. Any help would be great, thanks.

RC poster
    I just put a savox steering in my latrax Teton and no the steering is opposite

RC poster
    You have to reverse the steering after you put in the savox, several videos on you tube, its easy but I don't remember exactly how. My servo issue with the savox is fixed I had a bad receiver, my merv is working perfectly with the savox now. Get your steering reversed you'll be good.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey79 View Post
    I'm new to this forum and a newby to the rc world. Can anyone give me some insight as to why my new merv shreds the servo gears in less then 2 full runs? Using the nihm battery that came with it and only rpm front arms for upgrades. I've got thru 2 servos and 5 packs of gears. I just put a savox servo in it but now it turns very wide to the point of ridiculousness. But has full left/right at a stand still or VERY low speeds. Any help would be great, thanks.
    If you have the TQ transmitter my guess would be because of the transmitter (TQ) not being able to set servo steering end points and/or not be able to limit steering travel. Having a transmitter that has D/R steering knob/setting you will be able to limit how far the servo moves left and right (overall steering). Having a transmitter that can set end points for steering can fine tune the steering travel for each side left and right individually.

Too much travel puts stress on the servo gears the servo wants to continue to turn but can't (reaches maximum steering angle).
    Last edited by Igottabeme; 04-14-2019 at 03:09 PM.