Thread: EREVO Tires

RC poster

EREVO Tires

My REVO arrived with what I consider the tires installed with the tread facing the wrong way. When viewed from above the chevron shaped tread should point to the rear aiding traction. I swapped wheels side to side to correct the problem. Also the antenna post barely fits into the base. Otherwise good performance. I always buy two batteries.

I think the bottom of the V usually points forward. Whether that's good for traction or not, I don't now, but if the tires I run have a chevron of some sort, I have the bottom of the V forward.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    Olds, I ride my dirt bike in the desert and sand dunes and the direction of the tread matters. My mountain bike tires have an arrow and "rotation" on the sidewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lemon View Post
    Olds, I ride my dirt bike in the desert and sand dunes and the direction of the tread matters. My mountain bike tires have an arrow and "rotation" on the sidewall.
    The original talons had a directional arrow on them with the bottom of the V being forward when looking down from the top of the tire.

Did you get tires without these?

Are yours the ones on the 2.0 e-revo with the newer more aggressive tread?
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    The Erevo 2.0 stock Talon EXT also have directional arrow. Turning V style tires around backwards causes a slight paddle affect (pulls material under tire toward center). Running the tires in the direction of arrow allows them to "dig in" more (pushes material under tire away from center). My stock T-maxx 3.2 chevron tires don't have an arrow(15+yrs old) I see the newer 3.8 chevrons do have an arrow.