RC Competitor

Does landing on the rear wheel break a driveshaft on the erevo 2.0

Hi there so I watched a video from outsourced rc and he broke a driveshaft on the erevo 2.0 now correct me if im wrong but the drive shaft broke because he landed it on the right a arm to hard am i right

RC Champion
    Landing anyway with the wheels spinning way faster than the vehicle is travelling and your finger on the throttle will break parts. Landing on 1 wheel first will be easier on driveline as the diff will slip until a 2nd wheel hits.

For smoothness front wheel first on a downslope is best! As someone who mountain bikes and dirt bikes front wheel first is always best. On snowmobile or sometimes on dirt bike when landing on very soft ground or snow I like rear end first with power to push you through the soft landing. With an RC they are so light youd almost never have this scenario. I never launch my RCs to flat it hurts my brain as someone who's usually in the air when I'm not with my RCs

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    So i take it landing on full throttle and self right righting will kill the driveline with these trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcdude99 View Post
    So i take it landing on full throttle and self right righting will kill the driveline with these trucks
    That kind of can be said about any RC.

As for the self righting thing, to me it seems to be a bit of a gimmick and just promotes blowing diffs, tires and axles.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Competitor
    So are there any other things that will kill the driveline besides self righting

RC poster
    So are there any other things that will kill the driveline besides self righting
    Standing backflips

RC Competitor
    Anything else by the way does this thing require throttle control

RC Competitor
    How can i avoid broken driveline parts

RC Competitor
    Is there anything that needs to be done to it to make the driveline not break on 6s for heavy bashing

RC Competitor
    So what upgrades should i get for hard bashing on 6s and what should i avoid on 6s

Any truck will break regardless if your running 4S or 6S. It all depends on how you land. If you land jumps while your on power, that energy has to go somewhere. Without a slipper, it goes to the axles and diffs.

Just don't land when your on the throttle, and don't do standing backflips repeatedly. Avoid pegging the throttle when at a stand still, just roll on the throttle.

Do those things and most trucks will hold up for quite a while.

RC Competitor
    I thought u dont have to use throttle control on these erevo 2.0s

I don't know about that. I know it has the TSM to keep it going where your trying to steer, but wasn't aware they had pitch control in the air as well. I don't run stock electronics on any of my trucks, so even if I did get a 2.0, I'd never use TSM with it.

RC Competitor
    Do u own a erevo 2,0 because i need to know if the erevo 2.0 needs throttle control on 6s

RC Racer
    Rcdude99-What are you trying to ask? I have an Erevo 2.0 and haven't broken an axle. I also use self righting. The more abuse the quicker the wear on items. Asking a RC vehicle to do multiple back flips and bad landings and expect no damage is foolish. This truck has held up better than any others I have owned. I have had bad crashes and tumbles and drove away, where it would have damaged others. The only negative thing I have is the servos are a little weak for this truck which is an easy fix.

RC Competitor
    Im trying to ask do u have to use throttle control and can it handle big jumps on 6s

RC Competitor
    But im not asking if it can do a big jump and have a bad a bad landing and survive what im asking is can it do big jumps and land perfectly without breaking and do u have to use throttle control when bashing on 6s

RC Competitor
    Im also wandering if it can handle the same type of bashing kevin talbot does but without the crashing into stuff

Im also wandering if it can handle the same type of bashing kevin talbot does but without the crashing into stuff
    It will for a while if your not landing on concrete/tarmac. Eventually you will probably break a shock shaft or pushrod or rod end. Although, that's usually caused by off kilter landings that push the arm up too far, or cartwheeling and pulling the arms down too far. Also, stick with 5000mah packs without trying to run the biggest/heaviest ones you can jam in there. The extra weight is hard on the suspension.

One bad lawn dart landing though on the front or rear, and you will likely break stuff. Bulkheads, arms, axle carriers and/or the chassis itself. I've broken RPM arms from lawn dart landings. The chassis stops when it hits the ground, but the wheels keep going forward and snaps the arms.

Again, I only have the V1, not the 2.0. The physics are similar though. Once something is in motion, it doesn't want to stop.

RC Competitor
    But do you have to use throttle control on the 2.0

But do you have to use throttle control on the 2.0
    From everything I read. Yes. You have to control the throttle yourself. All the TSM does is controls the steering.

RC Competitor
    Thats not what i meant what i meant was do you have to roll on the throttle to avoid driveline failures

RC Racer
    Thats not what i meant what i meant was do you have to roll on the throttle to avoid driveline failures
    No.
    I constantly pin the throttle. Could something break? Yes. This new driveline is very stout and handles the power very well.

RC Competitor
    How could something break

RC Competitor
    Do u mean could something still break by mashing the throttle if so do u mean something could break by crashing into something

RC Competitor
    What did you mean by can something still break

RC Racer
    I guess no amount of answers or reasoning how an rc vehicle has held up for others is going to be the right answer.

Based upon your previous threads "Can the new erevo 2.0 diffs really handle 6s lipo/Can the 8s xmaxx driveline handle 8s/Do u guys think traxxas will ever go out of business/The future of combustion rc engines/Can the udr handle 6s" your not interested in others experiences.

These are hobby grade vehicles and as such do require some maintenance.

Sorry we couldn't be more help.

I can't tell if your trolling, if English is your second or third language or if your just not understanding what we are saying.

All trucks can break if abused.

Traxxas has updated the entire drive train of the E-Revo 2.0 VXL to be able to withstand the power of 6S far better than the previous version. I can now be considered a true 6S truck. The strength of the drive train is now comparable to that of other 1/8th 6S truggies available.

On ANY vehicle, if your jumping it and while it is in the air you run the throttle wide open/full throttle and have the tires spinning at their max speed, then continue to hold full throttle while it is in the air and after it has landed, something will more than likely break in the drive train. The forces applied will overcome the mechanical integrity of one of the parts between the motor and the wheels. It might be able to handle such a landing once or twice, but eventually, mechanical integrity is going to fail. This is abuse.

How could something break
    Do u mean could something still break by mashing the throttle if so do u mean something could break by crashing into something
    What did you mean by can something still break
    Asked and answered. Please move on.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =